Will the free plan still exist in 2024? Free plan

Hallo,
Will the free plan still exist in 2024?

1 Like

Hi @samandeutsch25 !
Yes, the Free plan will continue to exist. The only change in 2024 is that to traditional repl.co hosting is being removed from Replit. It is being replaced by deployments (replit.app). Static repls[1] will soon be able to be deployed without a credit card. Non-static repls will require a paid plan to host but will still be able to have custom domains (so long as the repl hosts a website).
Hope this helps!

1. repls without a backend ↩︎

5 Likes

What should I do to keep the free plan?

You’ll keep it. There’s no need to do anything. Replit isn’t removing the Free plan.

Should I go to this site, or go to this site?
repl.co

That’s the domain. Basically, repl.co websites (The kind of websites you can make now) are getting removed, and websites can only run when in the editor. To have others view the site, you need to Deploy it. Basically, free hosting is removed.

I did not understand much

@samandeutsch25 What do you need to know? What is your question?

I now have a bot in Python and it works. What should I do at the beginning of 2024?

@samandeutsch25 if you have a bot in 2024, based on new information for “improvements” you will have to deploy your bot using Reserved VM. Otherwise people will have to fork it to run and is not idea for a bot.

4 Likes

Please on january 1, 2024 don’t remove the sqlite because our files will be damaged

Hi @Cliffbotbeluga !
The sqlite files will not be removed. This change affects websites, not databases.

1 Like

Well of course that won’t be the only change, but that’s the change that’s occuring in Jan 1.

Yes, but they won’t be able to be edited, which I think is what they meant.

2 Likes

Just remove repl.co as long as our bot is uptime

For bots, you should use a Reserved VM deployment for 99.9% uptime.

4 Likes

This is free vm reverse deployment?

No, a Reserved VM deployment is not free.

4 Likes

So there is no more free way to host APIs and Bots on Replit?

Hey @AakashGudivada welcome to the forums!

That is correct. If you are looking for something free I would recommend looking else where for another hosting service.

1 Like

Oh thank you! So which platform would be similar and best choice for free hosting of my API and bots now?