Changes to Hosting on Replit!

Always On will be fully removed from the product on January 1st, 2024. After January 1st, Deployments will be the only way to host applications on Replit.

For most users, Autoscale & Static deployments will be less than 20 cents per month or included in the Hacker & Pro plans. Static deployments will be free as long as you are within your egress limit.

Additionally, repl.co domains will transition to replit.dev and will only be accessible when someone is in the editor. If you are currently hosting anything on Replit, we strongly recommend that you migrate to deployments before the new year.

For more information, read the full blog post. Please use this forum as the place to leave feedback, thoughts, and comments.

13 Likes

Thatā€™s a nice domain.

Wait what? So I have to deploy? I used to be able to not need the repl actively runningā€¦

Also, I strongly suggest TL4 hacker to include Static and Autoscale deployments.

12 Likes

It does[1]

1. as long as you connect a payment method first ā†©ļøŽ

4 Likes

Pretty much, yeah.

Yeah, now you donā€™t need to set up a payment method if you have free hacker, but they still cost cycles.

No, that was changed in this update.

Also, things like Discourse or Dendrite unfortunately no longer work on Replit, as they need persistent file systems which deployments donā€™t have.

10 Likes

I look forward to seeing a graph of Replitā€™s monthly income in a few months and seeing how successful this is! Keep up the great work, Replit! :heart:

13 Likes

But then you can connect it then it will be counted?
EDIT: So you canā€™t do that anymore?

6 Likes

Screenshot taken now.

6 Likes

Maybe Replit S3 will be the next great feature! Who knows?

3 Likes

Also a screenshot taken now.

@CoderElijah youā€™re liking all of pfsā€™ posts, you realize heā€™s being sarcastic, right?

9 Likes

Oh yes itā€™s only for the Reserved VM Deployments and not the other two.

Yes but heā€™s allowed to express his opinion as long as itā€™s not incredibly disrespectful (which itā€™s not).

14 Likes

Wait Iā€™m confused. So reserved vm is free if you connect a card?

5 Likes

No. It costs cycles, but you donā€™t have to connect a card if you have free Hacker.

5 Likes

Only if you also pay at least 7 dollars a month.

3 Likes

So it costs either way?

4 Likes

Static hosting is free if you have a paid plan, ie hacker or pro.

5 Likes

Itā€™s complicated. It does not cost any money if your hacker plan is provided by Replit however you need a payment method in case you exceed your limit. This is a very small use case though.

4 Likes

No. You still need to connect a card for static hosting.

No. You do not need to connect a card for Reserved VM if you have Hacker or Pro. However, you will need to pay 20-660 cycles every day.

I just spent 60 cycles testing this stuff. I now only have 10 left. R.I.P my cycles.

5 Likes

so quick question, i like using replit but iā€™m curious, do i need my mumā€™s credit card to use it now? she says she will get me the replit thingy

8 Likes

You will need either money or a ton of cycles to host a site on Replit. Either one could be acquired by your momā€™s credit card, however you could also get cycles by completing bounties or getting tipped on your Repls.

6 Likes

You can also convert your cycles to hacker or pro. From the blogpost:

• If you have a bunch of cycles, weā€™re happy to announce that you can now purchase Hacker & Pro with them. If you already are paying for Hacker or Pro, you can opt to use the cycles as credit towards future plan payments. To use your Cycles for plans, fill out this form and weā€™ll follow up.
9 Likes