Welcome to Replit Ask!

1 Like

Html is soooo confusing

Why

i wrote this in html it broke me
HTML?!? - Jackie Chan Why? | Make a Meme

VB/VBS and scratch theyre literally useless

3 Likes

Scratch has it uses, it’s good for introducing young people to programming, but as you get more advanced it does become less useful

2 Likes

If we’re going to talk about being banned, I’ll say that I deserved my Scratch ban.

I was invited to a studio that was blowing up and this is old but that was back when regular people can kick others. I spent 10 solid minutes banning everyone and then eventually banning myself. Next, there is a place where you can ask others to promote a project. The Scratch team picked out the members, but anyone can comment. For context, usually, you comment on the studio with a link, and someone who is a member will review it and add it to the studio with the message “Added!” or they will explain why it can’t be added. I went around (not a member) and saying “Not added!” or “Removed!” if it was added.

I forgot this part a bit but I think I was banned and somehow I was unbanned. by then I went emo and unshared all my projects. Dunno why I would do something like that but I guess I learned my lesson :person_shrugging:

Lesson: don’t be annoying or you’ll be banned.

hi mods please don’t take down the post

Also, I would like to say I regret learning whatever code.org used, Scratch was kinda fun, but code org wasn’t fun at all. Essentially you should code because you like coding. Had I found code org before Scratch, I’d probably not code because it seems boring.

4 Likes

Joke (in case someone takes me seriously):

I regret learning English, it’s syntax is rather confusing and some properties don’t seem to make sense, and the extensions and added documentation leave hanging arguments and fighting. “go” and “do” don’t rhyme. Some keywords are often slurred in speech yet through strange interpretation the called statements are still accepted. It has a straightforward rule-set to set a standard for its language and any future updates, but the Urban Dictionary package is sloppily constructed, and some people are trying to implement the package as traditional code. It was a great idea on paper, but didn’t turn out so well (reminds me of something else). We should switch back to an older version using the configuration files and go back to year 1600’s. What do you all think?

edit: whoever just liked my post: how did you read it that fast?

3 Likes

Or just make a universal language

I’m just that good

2 Likes

What do you mean, confusing? I’m confused.

2 Likes

This is how confused i am.
:grinning:

1 Like

Honestly Block Style Code was the dumbest thing I learned.Not Scratch their are some exceptions their but using third party things like KANO was sooooooo dumb

1 Like

I regret learning Microsoft .HTM script, now already a dead language, just like Microsoft C# is now dying.

Learning a dying language isn’t necessarily bad though. Maybe you picked up some stuff when learning that language?

Remember that everything always provides a learning experience.

2 Likes

Just use ChubML instead! :sunglasses:

For me, its just like @doxr said: Scratch
It doesn’t really help with real-life things like indentation, console, etc…
I should have started with Python instead :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I was forced into python, I didn’t want it. :cry:

2 Likes

It depends how old you are when you start coding, if you a kid then scratch is a good place to start beacuse it easier to learn especially to a kid, but if you start learning coding when your older you should start with a proper written language (probably like python or js)

3 Likes

c++ isn’t unnecessarily hard it’s as hard as it was made during the times.

My Microsoft Learning journey from age 9:

• 1994: how to operate MS DOS & ​Windows 3.1
  • 1995: how to program QBasic & .HTML
  • 1996: how to operate MS Windows 95
  • 1998: how to operate MS Windows 98
  • 2000: how to operate MS Windows Me
  • 2001: how to operate MS Windows XP
  • 2005: how to program MS .htm for IE
  • 2006: how to operate MS Office 2003 suite

Then came Windows Vista, & I gave up learning Microsoft OS.
Then came Office 2007, & my Office 2003 skills became obsolete. (Office 2007 onwards are dumbed down versions of Office 2003)

• 2010: got my first *nix system — Google HTC Nexus One
  • 2012: One look at the dumbed down MS Windows 8, & I decided to move out of Microsoft software systems. Thus, started my journey into the world of *nix software systems, at 27 yrs old.

Then Microsoft terminated MS IE along with .htm script

What I picked up from learning Microsoft software is to never put my trust in software or programming languages developed by Microsoft. Microsoft has planned ‘obsolence’ for its software, and stops supporting the brand new expensive versions after 2-4 years. Microsoft programming languages are perverted derivatives of International standards like HTML & C++, and will become irrelevant within a decade or two.

Now, I have Linux & Android for personal use, and Macbook for office work.

4 Likes

Block coding would be excellent for learning to program microchip transistors:
Imagine building virtual microchips using AND, NAND, NOR, XOR virtual blocks :slight_smile:
EDIT (adding web links for Logic Circuit simultors):

3 Likes

Actually, that’s an excellent point, and I think even professional programmers still use stuff like Logisim. My knowledge is extremely limited on those kinds of things, so is it possible to represent a simulation like that using a text programming language?

1 Like