Undo new Replit UI

As long as the toggle is clearly labeled, we should be fine. Valid point though.

7 Likes

Oh the light theme is even worse for readability.

3 Likes

Are you seriously trying to kill my eyes rn?

3 Likes

As you can see, that is logged out. However, yes, the goal is to demonstrate how the light theme is unbearable even if you like light themes because it’s all the same color and there are no clear boundaries.

4 Likes

Then I cannot understand why you are using it again as your theme lol doesn’t it hurt?

True

2 Likes

I was logged out of Replit so it defaulted to light. Also I like the light theme (normally, not this atrocity) and was preessured by the community to switch to dark. I use Dark on Ask though. I just left the defaults until I became used to them.

2 Likes

Ahh ok, I get it now.

Join the Dark Side.

5 Likes

PLEASE make the whole description visible at once, it’s nearly impossible to tell when there’s more text

7 Likes

This is also a major concern. Sadly, the staff is now ignoring us. I would like confirmation that they read this.

5 Likes

@CoderElijah

We’d need a petition at this point I guess

3 Likes

Theoretically, Ask is where we’re supposed to petition, but that’s clearly not working.

6 Likes

We need to contact them another way

5 Likes

Wait, like a boycott?

I wonder if that could work. Essentially, the people of Replit leave (except the people who like the new UI and people who don’t really care) and so the Replit team gets sad that nobody is there so then they decide to listen to the community and restore the old UI (or the compromise as I said)

OR

Essentially, the people of Replit leave but there are only about 96 people who care and leave. Apparently, there are 10 million users on Replit so the people who left didn’t even make a dent. Seeing how little of an effect was created, Replit just ignores this problem.

Sure, there is a chance that a change might happen but it’s unlikely.

3 Likes

Here’s the most comprehensive summary we currently have:

4 Likes

I don’t really see the issue with the new ui, other than the fact that they still have not fixed the bug where the code does not load. There are some small improvements that probably could be made, but I don’t think reverting the whole ui is necessary.

4 Likes

I feel ignored by the staff.

96 votes is impressive and the most I’ve sever seen on any topic in Ask.

People care about this issue.

3 Likes

This is why we would be fine with a toggle switch.

4 Likes

It wouldn’t have been if they had not pushed it in the first place. I started this protest when the new UI was for Explorers only.

At this point, I think that is the best option. It would please both parties. I don’t care if Replit looks like this so long as I can have it the old way.

2 Likes

I think we all are being ignored, which is an even bigger issue.

5 Likes

Look what I found: ignored pings:

2 Likes