Undo new Replit UI

You are entitled to your opinion and I’ve already thoroughly explained mine. If you like it, that’s just better anyway because I don’t think our chances of overturning this are very good.

4 Likes

I also like the new ui! It makes everything easier

5 Likes

um the posts says that we hate it

8 Likes

Yeah we have no topics supporting the UI, only ones showing hatred for it because we liked the old one better.

7 Likes

Glad we are so inclusive for new community members XD.

7 Likes

replit together :muscle: lol

7 Likes

I was agreeing with 2 posts ago

4 Likes

I really liked the ability to full screen the repls but the new ui removed the ability making the repls look off

8 Likes

Should there be compromise for the UI’s appearance, like keeping some stuff from the older and some stuff from the newer? Because there are still users on Replit who do like this newer UI better than the older one.
I don’t mind either UI, but I did like the fullscreen option on Repls while it was there.

4 Likes

Then what’s the point of making it bigger if we can’t make it maximum?

4 Likes

OMG NONONONONO this is a sad day for the Replit people…

The feed repl view has officially been changed to match the regular view :sob:

6 Likes

You literally have to scroll down to see the bottom of the repl :sob:

5 Likes

I think the old UI is better, but personally, I don’t know why the new UI is that bad.
(Sorry, I’m signed out, so it’s in light mode)
A side-by-side comparison:

OLD

NEW

I think that the new UI has advantages and disadvantages

Well, @anon40284853 and other people explained a lot of the disadvantages.

But there are some advantages:

• Feels more “modern” to me
  • It has a bigger view, and I like that because the old UI made the repl kind of small in my opinion
  • The comments come in immediately so it tells you what the community thinks immediately and I like that aspect
  • Everything (except “More Repls”) is included but in a smaller area for it, making the repl more focused.

There are many advantages to the old UI and I feel that the old one is more classic with its own set of advantages, making the old UI more desirable (so I voted). I appreciated old UI, and I wonder: was any kind of warning given to users before the update released?

6 Likes

Sometimes the old way is better.

It was first released to the Explorers. I started a protest then, attempting to prevent it from becoming mainstream. I got ~16 votes, but no one listened. Now we have 93 votes and I KNOW STAFF HAS SEEN THIS as they have responded, but they aren’t acting upon it. There aren’t even this many people regularly active on Ask. There are people coming here for the sole purpose of voting (for several, I don’t even have to guess this as it was made clear in conversations.

4 Likes

Then why not a compromise? I think it should be something like this: the new replit UI is the default UI (because it’s new), but anyone can change it at Account > Preferences.

The only thing there is “Extra delight mode” so Replit might as well add it. Some people prefer the old UI, and some might like the new one.

Title: Project Display [or something like that]

Description: Change the user interface to view projects to the old interface!

3 Likes

This isn’t an advantage though… At least in my opinion.

In the old UI, there was a full screen button. In this new UI, there isn’t. This UI just seems like an inconvenience TBH. The new Repl view is bigger, but kind of annoying.

3 Likes

i was thinking the exact samething like for ppl to choose which one to use

3 Likes

Can we all agree that a Fullscreen Button is a genius idea and it should be brought back?

12 Likes

@soren This is a really good idea. Can we please have the option to toggle between the two UIs? That would be the perfect compromise and should satisfy everyone (except the people maintaining it, but hopefully that’s not too much trouble).

7 Likes

@anon40284853
The only problem I can think of (which isn’t even that bad) is that there could be some confusion between those with the old UI and the new UI, especially with those who may have just joined Replit (aka beginners).

6 Likes