Undo new Replit UI

It has come to my attention that we need a more concise and thought-out explanation here. However, any new topic will get merged into this one and I can’t make a website BECAUSE HOSTING IS DOWN YET AGAIN.

3 Likes

Get ready for my long a topic!!! :tada::tada::tada:

2 Likes

I made a concise list for you:

2 Likes

@doxr

1. What would we boycott? Replit as a whole? If that’s the case it might work, but there are still people on Replit who don’t even know about this post still using it…
  1. …so boycotting might not even be noticed
  1. IG it’s better than none

I’m just saying, but if we do nothing about any of this, Replit is gonna do what they want, since no ones is doing anything. And a single Ask post (in my opinion) won’t change the appearance/behavior of an entire site being used by over 10m people. So if anyone wants change, there’s gotta be some action tied to it.

3 Likes

Hot take: I actually like it(The new UI that literally everybody is :poop: on), but I do believe that it needs some improvements.

Will be making a blog post stating my honest, constructive opinions (compared to last time, where I went full crazy, attacking @anon40284853) , the reason why I kinda left Replit, plus some other social media accounts that you guys can follow me on (Hint: Instagram and TikTok!) and what I am currently doing now.

But overall, looking at the posts from March 2023-April 2023 makes me go :face_vomiting:, especially when they want to boycott the company and say harsh things on Replit Ask.

2023 may be a rough start for the Replit community (and Replit itself), but we have to wait and see for what’s ahead.

3 Likes

@TG101 Please make a post here with a concise, well-organized list of what needs to be improved.

3 Likes

No. I only do Markdown posts on Replit. Because I can use GIFS, and videos without spamming notifications on my gmail account

2 Likes

Sometimes the old way is better

Nostalgia go brrrr. Don’t judge me, I’m always negative when it comes to nostalgia… :melting_face:

2 Likes

Hold up a second, come on, you guys have to think about just got many pings and other notifications the Replit team are getting, because I can definitely tell you some of them get so many it is easily conceivable they miss stuff, not because anyone is being ignored. Also, didn’t Lena actually have a chat with bigminiboss about his thoughts (that might’ve been about something else :man_shrugging:)?

If I scroll up, I see soren responded in this post. Generally you can assume to only get one team member responding because they do something that is most relevant to the post, I mean not everyone can work on Replit’s UI and UX, they all do different things.

I seriously doubt this post has been ignored, it has definitely been seen, and I am near certain that the Replit team have either considered this or are still considering this. I wouldn’t be surprised to find the team choosing not to respond to avoid conflict.

Replit is anything but ignoring people.

12 Likes

I’ve added a setting to XL Replit to bring back old cover pages! For those who don’t know, XL Replit is a Chrome extension I made that adds many extra features. It’s not on the Chrome Web Store yet, but meanwhile, you can install it from GitHub.

5 Likes

Sadly this won’t work on the school chromebooks where I spend most of my time :confused:

6 Likes

I might be able to make a bookmarklet version of XL Replit with the blessing of @LuisAFK

5 Likes

I don’t know how chrome extensions work, might be a little more complicated. Here is a bookmarklet maker btw

2 Likes

Unfortunately, that still wouldn’t work on school chromebooks, they disabled bookmarklets.

4 Likes

And url bar JavaScript? I mean my school does not give us chromebooks, but on our devices bookmarklets still work.

2 Likes

Nope! The way they disabled bookmarklets (to my knowledge) was by blocking access to javascript:*. (Course, in webpage requests are fine, we just can’t run them ourselves.)

3 Likes

What about chrome dev tools? Ik they can disable it tho. You could try making an injector ig, although CORS will probably kill that.

3 Likes

That’s disabled too (they also disabled view-source, but you can bypass that one).

3 Likes

Hey, this actually seems to work, you just have to put this in a website:

const w = window.open("https://replit.com");
const s = w.document.createElement("script");
s.innerHTML = `
alert("Alert from replit!");
`;
w.document.head.appendChild(s);
3 Likes

:open_mouth: I’ll have to try that on Tuesday.

4 Likes