Replit is ruined

With all this stupid AI stuff and these uneeded updates, replit is so stupidly slow now, you cant even load a simple project from github like you could before without the project completely either Being uneditable or lagging out.

11 Likes

Hi @DrippySellers , welcome to the forums!
Maybe you could try turning off AI Autocomplete (Tools > Settings > AI Autocomplete > Off)? Or check if you internet connection is stable?
Hope this helps!

6 Likes

What device are you on? It’s probably more like this on a Chromebook than a healthier Windows one.

4 Likes

Not only this, but Replit used to be such a small and easy thing to use, you used to get a reasonable free domain with it, but now you get a load of garbage. Everything is garbage. Not even a good enviroment to work in. You threw schools down the drain, threw your developers down the drain.

3 Likes

real , i bought the core subscription and its so useless , not even the deployments are free

1 Like

guys i would really appreciated if you don’t criticize replit the staff are working hard to keep replit going and people like me want to help you so please be a bit more mindful thank so much for you cooperation and listening to me and only together can we make replit a better place for all! have a great day!:+1:

7 Likes

I agree that these things are annoying, but the free Replit AI is quite useful and the staff are working hard.
Um, by the way, if you want more people to listen in a convesration, you should probably use less words like “trash” or “stupidly”.

4 Likes

I’d just like to add, this an interesting thread as a newbie core customer - its hard to gain confidence in my abilities when there is problems, bringing doubt to how I solve a problem, or if its a problem with replit…

I feel I’ve seen a few instances of CI/CL in the UI of Replit where they’ve tried things with the UI.

3 Likes

Yes they (some) are. You get lots of free Autoscale compute units which reset monthly on Core. Static is free without a plan as long as you don’t go over Outbound Data Transfer limits and with Core your limits are way higher.

1 Like

I have to say that pricing wasn’t clear - I purchased the annual sale $120 promotion and I wasn’t sure entirely what I was going to get.

2 Likes

Can you be more specific? What part of https://replit.com/pricing isn’t clear?

Wouldn’t exactly agree with this part. The editor is pretty solid with all the ways you can arrange stuff. It’s all the hosting changes that are so bad (that’s why I’ve linked a few of my projects to GitHub repositories; GH Pages works great with it, and version control is fabulous for multiplayer Repls with some…well…angry collaborators who try deleting every file).

2 Likes

they are pretty much useless when u cant even host a discord bot with js or py

Both are websites. I would argue that websites are more important than a Discord bot. But that’s my opinion.

not just discord bots , people use telegram bots and basically anything in py or js cannot be hosted anymore , and no ones really dumb to pay $7 a month for a bot while other online services offer 0.5$ for bot hosting.

okay what i have said is not a lie its the truth everyone is trying to contribute to fix people’s problems with replit and alot don’t appreciated when you complain so be a bit more thoughtful of others

Well replit is a bit annoying with some things (Bringing back the run button)

Head to Vercel. Been using it for a few months now with GitHub and it’s 10x better.

2 Likes

OH THATS RIGHT, thanks for reminding me bucko

3 Likes

Netlify is also solid for static. I’ve had a website up there for more than two years and it’s still pretty fast.