Replit is ruined

i respect how much the replit devs and mods have done for us but we are trying to save them from a big mistake they are losing more than they are getting with these changes

5 Likes

well a lot of video games updates it either goes as planned or people donā€™t like it no more and it becomes unpopular! replit is taking huge risks that they shouldnā€™t be taking the updates are uncalled for cause we donā€™t need them replit is fine the way it is and these updates are doing more harm then good to the people on replit itself! what i think should happen is they should suggest an update and let the people of replit vote on it if it gets more than a certain amount of votes then they can do it! What we need are solutions not updates!!!

For the replit remake (i know its the wrong post but i am just leaving it here) please dont make people ā€œrequest a demoā€

I totally agree. I canā€™t run a simple piece of code on Replit, BUT CAN RUN IT ON 13 DIFFERENT WEBSITES

1 Like

Couldnā€™t agree more. Replit feels like its almost dead now.

We need to protestā€¦

Right NOW!

1 Like

Iā€™m a paying customer and Iā€™m not going anywhere anytime soon.

Iā€™m also a professional web dev and Iā€™ve been using Replit for about 10 months. Iā€™d used other stacks in the past, whether my own, or some other online IDE, and Iā€™ve found Replit to be an excellent development environment comparable with the best of them ā€“ with some problems (as they all have).

You can do this stuff for free without Replit, by the way ā€“ spin up a Linux stack and get to town.

2 Likes

A raspberry pi is infinitely more powerful (when combined with Jupyter Lab/Notebook or VSCode tunnels + Cloudflared Tunnels to expose to the internet) with more than half of the cost of Replit Core. And, you get sudo access with full control over your hardware. In fact, I have a RPi server at home rn running those processes.

1 Like

I was thinking a VM as the rock bottom cheapest you could do it. But yeah I agree, a Pi is a great option too.

I used the Lamp stack available from Bitnami when I was starting out ā€“ I canā€™t believe itā€™s still available: LAMP Virtual Machines

Load that bad boy into virtualbox (https://www.virtualbox.org/) and youā€™re off to the races!

VMā€™s are nice, too, because you can save state before you try something that youā€™re arenā€™t sure about and just revert if you screw up.

1 Like