New reaction ideas

And I would then react to this with a :skull: or :sob: but I can’t XD

I don’t think that :skull: is a good proposed reaction. That’s definitely a little harsher than confusion or sadness.

4 Likes

I normally use it if something weird happens. Or if I am reporting a weird bug, someone can react with :skull:. I don’t thinks that’s harsh?

2 Likes

But I guess it COULD be used as a harsh emoji, but that wouldn’t be the purpose of it. However, the same goes for most of the other proposed emojis.

1 Like

I don’t know if this could be a thing but what about this for :debuging: or something programming related, because this emoji can be relatable, on several levels.

Free Emoji PNG cursed crying images, page 1 - EmojiSky.com

2 Likes

this is a good one???
:joy_cat:

1 Like

This would be very useful. Then users would know that people have seen their posts but can’t help with them. I would use it all the time. Currently, I use other things, like :open_mouth: or :heart:, but neither is ideal.

7 Likes

This reaction is on AMC, and I can no longer live without it.

images

This isn’t the one actually used on AMC, and if someone agrees, maybe they could provide that one.

“This” is a great alternative to “+1” (or just thumbs up) which kinda has a lot of different meanings. It is a direct way to agree with someone else’s post, rather than all of the other reactions (heart is OK at this, but it may not represent that a user actually agreed with the post they liked)

5 Likes

Me going to react to this post with the emoji that you speak of

4 Likes

This one is for @QwertyQwerty88 :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Y’all, if :eyes: is supposed to mean that they didn’t agree with the post, then we don’t need “THIS” as heart and +1 are enough.

Edit: oh wait I removed :eyes: from the OP lol

4 Likes

Thanks for adding reactions, no amount of words could describe how happy it makes all of us!

7 Likes

Highly agree! Definitely should add more/different reactions!

5 Likes

Yes. :confetti_ball: looks strange, but :tada: is a lot more recognizable (and fun IMHO)

5 Likes

YES! So true! I’ve never even used confetti ball before. lol

3 Likes

Should we have a poll on the current emoji and what should replace them?

3 Likes

Definitely! That’s a great idea!

3 Likes

It’d be cool if you made something using Discourse’s API that would let us (the users) decide what reactions should be enabled (maybe you could make a repl where we could vote on the reactions that should be used and the most popular ones would automatically be set on Ask (so basically, giving us some control over reactions))

9 Likes

@9pfs1 That’s really smart! I think it’d be awesome if we could select our favorite “emotes” to use across all of Replit Ask. The poll could instead be for the default settings. @IanAtCSTeach do you know if this would be possible?

5 Likes
Replace confetti ball reaction?
  • Keep as :confetti_ball:
  • Replace with :tada:
0 voters

Also, how do we feel about :hugs:? I’ve never ever used it once, and never seen anybody else react with it either. It does look a little ugly IMO, and I feel like it could either be removed or replaced with something else.

4 Likes