Can't Link Custom Domain Using Node.js

Using a regular HTML template, I can link a custom domain. I started a node.js project to create a server for my website. On the web view, I see Devtools and New Tab, but no Custom Domain option.

Hello @LemonadeVR and welcome to the community!

Did you already checked the docs?

https://docs.replit.com/hosting/custom-domains

I believe you have to deploy your server. You can use an Autoscale or Reserved VM Deployment, depending on what you need. (Reserved VM is a constant price that keeps your Repl always awake, while Autoscale charges you on an as-you-go basis and based off of how much traffic your server is getting.) Autoscale is relatively cheap; I believe it’s just 40 cents per month typically. But the Deployments page shows that custom domains are now exclusive to Deployments:

(see “Custom Domains”)

1 Like

Welcome to Ask @LemonadeVR! The reason that traditional custom domain linking on Replit was removed is because traditional repl.co hosting is being removed from Replit. It is being replaced by deployments (replit.app). You can link a custom domain to deployments. Static repls[1] will soon be able to be deployed without a credit card. Non-static repls will require a paid plan to host but will still be able to have custom domains (so long as the repl hosts a website).

1. repls without a backend ↩︎

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.