Anybody want to make a languge

Anyone want to make a lang with me?

2 Likes

Sure, why not! Can you make a team and invite me?

1 Like

Can we make one called Doge (if it doesn’t exist yet) or Cat?

How do you make a programming language? I’ve always wondered that.

What language is going to made in?

3 Likes

Can u invite meh pls

1 Like

Depends. Interpreted or compiled?

If interpreted:

1. Create a lexer. This will take the code and break it up into tokens. Like variable definitions, operators, integers, strings, etc.
  2. Create a parser. This will take the tokens and parse them into an AST, or abstract syntax tree.
  3. Interpret the AST (I think). I’ve only gotten to the parser in my own custom language so I’m not totally sure.

If compiled:

Create a compiler. Compilers are faster than interpreters. A compiler will lex the code and parse the tokens into an AST, but then it will compile the AST to Assembly and then finally to machine code. Am I missing a lot of steps? Probably.

1 Like

No, just make a normal team lol

Sounds cool can I join also can we name it raven for no particular reason but that I tried and failed to make one about 2 years back

2 Likes

BTW why and what is an edu team (what is it and why did you make it an edu team?)

1 Like

Basically for teachers to make assignments for their class

1 Like

It has better resources and stuff + unlimited members, might make it a friends team tho as i dont think you can make repls that everyone can edit in a edu team.

I see well would you and @ValiantWind like to be invited to a team I made?

Yes, I would like to be invited. Thanks

1 Like

@MiloCat already made a team I think? or was that you who made it

1 Like

Well you see… I made one too because for some reason I can’t make a repl in the edu one

2 Likes

That’s not an invite link and don’t post it publically since someone might grief everything

1 Like

it was an invite link, but a mod edited it i think

I wante join :):):):):):slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure but no griefy ok