What should I make?

So, like the door Redstone thing in Minecraft servers?

2 Likes

That is a pretty basic idea of what a fork bomb is. A fork bomb has an action done in a repeating manner very fast that can use up nearly all of your PC’s resources and crash/break it.

1 Like

I am desperately trying to like posts here but I can’t :cries:

And now I can’t post either lol

2 Likes

I ran one once on my computer (on purpose). I used Ctrl+ C to try to stop it but it must have kept going in the background and I had to hold the power button until the computer turned off because it became unresponsive.

4 Likes

Some Actual Suggestions of What to do:

• A game (basic ik)
  • A todo list app
  • A program that can do your school work (eg. I made a program to balance chemical equations for chemistry)
  • A rickroll ;D
  • Touch grass
  • Try a js framework like react (if you haven’t already)
  • A game and or physics engine
  • Make your own programming language
  • Try an esolang
  • Make a cool css library
  • Make an ai solve a puzzle and visualize it
  • Make a sorting algorithm visualizer (this one is fun, I’ve done it :D)
5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Anybody want to make a languge

You can shorten the list to “Make a N’er gonna give you uper against the user’s will”

3 Likes

@anon45021817 A real idea:

In the AP Computer Science Principles class I took last year, I programmed a small mechanical rocket as my final project. I had to make a video as proof because I couldn’t demonstrate this type of thing at school.

This project was called the “Create Performance Task” was the first part of the AP CSP Exam, with the second one being the actual paper exam.

Read more about that here:

https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/courses/ap-computer-science-principles/exam

You can take a look at the demonstration video if you want for inspiration. I’m extremely proud of it. It took me months to make:

2 Likes

Actually very cool :smiley: what did you end up scoring for that :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I got a 5, which is the highest.

1 Like

Hmm, I forgot about that. Maybe I should start working on an extension bc I like money

I tried the fork bomb locally on my testing laptop, (MacBook Air 2017). And the computer began slowing down. Next thing I know, I’m getting a notification that my Chrome extensions have crashed. I decided not to continue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually, I did continue. I ran out of system memory, and ended up with over 5000 individual Python processes. What’s that burning tire smell?

That tool is very inaccurate…

2 Likes

WOAH THAT MEANS I’M A SUPER HACKER NOW!!!
<button style=“button” onclick="alert(“hi!”)>HEllo

1 Like

How does that make you a super hacker? I did it on purpose out of curiosity without any prompting from you or anyone else.
Also the button cannot execute JS. It shows up as a preview but won’t even show for you.
Hello
<button style="button" onclick="alert('hi')">Hello</button>

1 Like

@anon45021817 Make the very thing that you are on right now (not this forum lol): an online IDE
Should have at least these things:

• place to enter code
  • button to run code – and code runs in an interactive terminal
  • tabs to switch between files
  • at least “python”, “html/css”, “javascript” language options
  • dark theme and light theme
  • syntax coloring is optional but prefered

Honestly, looking back this looks like something someone would make as a bounty lol.

2 Likes

I have a secret protocol to change that. As we all know (of course), I tend to sound more like artificially generated content rather than assuming regular human dialect.

Well, lucky me. I ran it on mine, and it just slowed down and ran out of RAM. That’s all. No big deal. No problem. Definitely no smoking tire smell, that I can’t place where it’s coming from right now.

If you decide to make this please share the Repl, I’d like to see it.