Where are my free cycles

Question:
I got upvoted on my posts but i have gotten no free cycles how do i claim them

AFAIK I don’t think you can get it on your posts anymore ( main site ) :person_shrugging:
or I am terribly wrong.

if this helped you, please make this post a solution to close the topic. This reduces workload for mods . omg my markdown is trashy

6 Likes

You don’t get any free cycles for any likes or upvotes here or on Replit mainsite. There has been discussion about giving rewards to people based on activity here but as of right now you won’t get any cycles for being active here. If you did I’d have a lot more. Still, there are other perks to being active on Ask :smiley: .

8 Likes

I think you may be thinking of the old Repl Talk, which was shut down/deprecated.

5 Likes

Wait – you earned cycles from being active on Replit Talk?

3 Likes

You used to earn what was called Karma from answering a question (and having it marked as the answer like it is here) on Repl Talk. When Repl Talk was deprecated and they introduced cycles, your Karma was converted to cycles.

6 Likes

It was still called “cycles” back when talk was around too right?

4 Likes

I dunno if they just went with Karma at a certain point because that was how people understood it, because I remember referring to it as Karma, but I do think your right. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

What happens if we found a way to get Karma on Replit Talk even though it is disabled? Would it be converted to cycles?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Replit won’t be too happy about that, and I doubt it still exists as a currency, so no.

2 Likes

Not possible. It was possibly when it was first re-added (I think @haroon found it) but staff fixed it.

4 Likes

Do you think Replit will ever convert cheers on Replit Ask to cycles?

2 Likes

No as they are too easy to get. And they wont be giving out almost 30,000 cycles just for myself and @QwertyQwerty88 (top 2). But we did request to get cycles for participation Cycles for particpation

6 Likes

Internally we referred to it as karma for the lolz but it was called cycles in ReplTalk still :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I don’t recall of such thing

The closest was me finding out that “cycles” were called karma but not anything to do with getting cycles from karma (apart from the initial swap)

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.