Cycles for particpation

With the recent edition of cycles and Replit looking into good ways to be able to give them out for free without it being too easy.

I think if you reach a certain achievement here whether it’s x number of solutions, x TL received, x replies made, or something else you receive some cycles. The harder the achievement is to reach the more cycles you receive.

For example, let’s say you get the badge for making at least one post each month for the year. You could receive 25 cycles. If you got to 25 solutions you can receive 150 cycles. If you have posted 1k times (not including deleted posts) you could receive 300 cycles.

I’m just throwing ideas and numbers out there and they are not based on anything.

14 Likes

Eagerly waiting for them to be out :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Currently, you need to be an Explorer to have access to them. Just go to settings and enable that so you have access to it and other beta featers.

6 Likes

I love the idea of linking community to cycles!

7 Likes

Is this idea or a form of it in the works? It’d be nice to have something come of our efforts on here.

5 Likes

Its an idea. Though at this point I don’t think this will happen

5 Likes

I think if there was a free wat to get cycles for people who don’t use money would be great

4 Likes

I actually got an idea:
What if the Solution badges could grant you Cycles? It’s not everyday that people get Guidance Counselor or Know-it-all, so it’ll be easier for mods to keep track amd award Cycles.

E.g. S=1C, GC=10C, KIA=40C, SI=150C
I’m very up for this feature, I would love it if this came out!

2 Likes

This does happen they wouldn’t disclose how its done since people can abuse it then.

2 Likes

What do you mean?
Disclose what? What happens?

1 Like

Dislouse what give peoples cycles if this were to happen

2 Likes

@IanAtCSTeach @not-ethan This is a really great idea, will it ever happen?

1 Like

Ian doesn’t work for replit so he does not know. As for if it will happen probly not

3 Likes

Why not? It may be one of the most supported ideas so far.

1 Like

Because Replit would not make as much money if this happened. Tl4s and mods get free hacker but I don’t think anymore will happen

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Tl4s get free hacker?

…can we finally get cycles as a reward for contributing to the forums? I’m not paying for them especially with the predatory subscription overhaul and the removal of the education version.

probably not, but seeing that all boosts are gone, then cycles are probably more useless and this idea might be a bit more realistic.

2 Likes

Yes but you can by Core with cycles so they still have a use. Imagin if I wasn’t a mod or didn’t get core from being a mod. I could spend all the cycles I get from here on Core and use it a lot (Maxing everything out) it wouldn’t be good for Replit

It’s not like they don’t get anything out of it. It would encourage more people to contribute to Ask. You’ve earned your reward (in this case it’s free Core but still you’ve worked hard for it).

3 Likes