Web preferences

It doesn’t matter if it is static, front-end stuff works on all websites.

Why do people use front-end frameworks? Is it just to make things easier or are there other reasons? I’ve never used one partially cos I prefer to do everything from scratch by myself, but also cos I’ve just never been bothered to learn one properly.

3 Likes

Same. I mostly build from the ground up with pure html and css.

2 Likes

I get it, doing it myself used to be my comfort zone, and alot of the front-end frameworks are very imposing and confusing for new people. But learning one will probably make you more efficient at coding, and expand the scope of your web app. (Things will get messy with just raw js if they get big) My recommendation is to find an easy to use, and understandable front-end framework to use.

1 Like

I’m thinking about react, it seems to be probably the most popular one, I did briefly look into it months ago, but never really decided to use it :man_shrugging:

Maybe React? The only thing is, will it clash with my most favorable back-end framework Django?

No, Front end stuff most of the time has no interaction with backend.

That is one of the ones that i would say is “Imposing” and “confusing” (I don’t use it)

2 Likes

I’m assuming you can use Nim for front-end framework? Also, the backend framework sends stuff to change HTML. If I use a frontend framwork to do the same thing, would it be “arguing”?

Ah, you mean templating. Yes it would clash, but it would put less load on your server to just don’t use templating, set up an API, and use it in your frontent.

You got me lol, nim is not a front-end framework, but is a front-end language that has front end frameworks, the only one I use and the most popular one is karax (Listed)

2 Likes

How I got you? I just asked if you could use nim. Anyways, what is an API?

1 Like

Something a developer uses to communicate between backend and frontend. (Most of the time, also sometimes between main program and library)

1 Like

So basically the backend sends something to the frontend through API and then the frontend edits the HTML?

1 Like

Well, the frontend would ask the backend for eg jimmy’s name via the api, and the backend would return it.

1 Like

So, the frontend asks the backend to give/return it and the backend does so through API? AFter the frontend receives it, it do stuff with HTML?

2 Likes