Web preferences

I don’t use front-end frameworks lol

I’ve dabbled with C++ WASM with JS, WASM is genuinely the future of front-end it surprises me it hasn’t ‘flooded’ web dev already… and when there are proper built-in bindings for DOM functionality there is no way WASM won’t take over, it’ll always be the best option

3 Likes

The only reason against this I can see is that you will have to learn lower level compiled languages and some people will still prefer the “safety” of js.

3 Likes

I think that knowing JS is a valuable, even essential, skill to have. I don’t though. I’m going to learn it once I have time.

3 Likes

The basics are essential for web development. Past that you can just compile-to js if your language supports it. You just need to know how to bind the right functions, after that you can use whatever you want.

3 Likes

coderelijah.repl.co demonstrates my knowledge of the basics in using JS to manipulate HTML. I want to know more, to make games, but I need to learn.

2 Likes

If my knowledge is correct (probally isn’t lol), you have to have a front end framework (HTML might be) to have a website, or it’s just a server? I don’t know.

If you consider the DOM api a framework then yes.

I don’t even know what DOM (i feel like I should) is, I only use HTML, CSS, and Django.

1 Like

How js handles HTML nodes (basic gist)

2 Likes

Django is like Flask but with some differences. It comes with an admin panel, could be scaled up, and has an already built-in database. It isn’t as popular as Flask, but still can be used to build webpages.
The official website is djangoproject.com.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Django is also async.

1 Like

??? Never heard of that. I feel like I should yet again. Also, what does async mean?

I don’t know. Ask @dragonhunter1 or @bigminiboss.

There is also Quart which is async Flask.

3 Likes

yes quart is flask re-imp by same team with async (so it’ll call the functions with await)

1 Like

nevermind. async is still in development for django.

3 Likes

Oh, I confused Quart with Django. Mb.

2 Likes

I don’t use a front-end framework. . .

1 Like

You should, it will probably make front-end dev a lot easier.

:confused:
Maybe HTML is one? I highly doubt it. I mostly only make static websites.

1 Like