Vite is pronounced "veet"?

I was today years old when I found out how to pronounce Vite…

3 Likes

Until now (that is, seeing this post and looking it up) I always pronounced it as “Vajt” (IPA pronounciation). Now I see it is actually “Veet” too

It’s Italian tho, so that’s why
Those weird Italians and their weird language

3 Likes

Same.

For real man lol

But you can’t blame them really when you speak/write the world’s most irregular language ever: English. Not to be a nerd, but it has more exceptions and irregularities than actual words, then you get into pronunciation and slang and it gets real weird.
Edit: fixed a minor spelling mistake

1 Like

And the word “pronunciation.” For the longest time, I thought it was pronounciation.

1 Like

I thought it was pronounced “white” or something like that.

1 Like

oh dear, it’s ok, hush hush.

I pronounce salmon with the “l”.

Also I don’t know if anyone knows this (I discovered it like a week ago), Svelte is pronounced (pronounced vs pronunciation; yet another exception in English ugh) /s-felt-ay/

I still do that for the fun of annoying others sometimes

First time seeing that word and i guess the pronunciation correctly. +1 win

That would be pronounced vee-tay. I think the website says it’s French.

Depends what you think Vite aligns best with I suppose: lives (Italian) or fast (French)?

2 Likes

I consciously know everyone else says it without the l. I don’t do it to spite others, that’s just how I say, my parents say i have a half-British accent and I’m not British

Yes, sometimes by brain thinks one thing and my fingers type another. And I don’t feel like going back and editing it

Fast will do

1 Like

The crazy thing is that I also found out how to pronounce Vite a few days ago, and was going to make a topic about it.

2 Likes
Which way do you pronounce “boolean”
  • /bool-ee-an/
  • /boo-leen/

0 voters

1 Like

Isn’t it French? I speak French and fast is vite in French.

@cldprv
See this

Who would ever say Boo Leen?

Lesson: if you see someone say boo lean then tell them that they’re wrong. Also veetay is kind of weird but that’s normal.

Id see vee-tay being pronunciation from spanish, with the ee sound in i and ay sound in e