There is only one other option

For the people who are quote on quote ‘sitebanned’ just by using replit.
There is only one other option if you want to continue using replit and keep your repls.

if you are in my situation… Okay maybe you can buy 7 and a half bucks worth of Gib.

or you are the guy who codes 48/14 and you are in this situation:

You would have to buy atleast 40 plus dollars worth of Gib, which is 100% not worth it.

This is the only way to keep using replit, pay for it.
But there is one alternative way.
You can make alts they have 10 gb each but it may be enough to keep your most important repls.

If you are in this situation and your storage is literally 150 Gib/20Gib and you are not willing to pay 40+ bucks, then this is the only way. Make alt accounts, I am afraid this is real. You are pretty much sitebanned if you are in this sticky 150 Gib/20Gib situation. Not only you are pretty much sitebanned, your bots will pretty much be ‘Dead,Error,No storage’.

I am relying on this method currently while searching for another website other than replit. As I would probably not last long with my alts.

5 Likes

Oh no coder elijah is typing it means my post is getting flagged bye
Oh someone save me i needddd halp oh save me im gonna get warned again :sob:

1 Like

Alts are allowed so long as they don’t hoist your stats (e.g., like all your Repls or like all your posts on Ask). I don’t remember all the rules about them but I don’t think that Replit would like you using them to avoid their rules. Alts have been banned because people tried to use them when their main accounts were banned. This is similar in some ways.

I hope these are Discord bots or something, not Replit bots (because that’s against ToS).

You can try Glitch. Most people here prefer Replit, and some people here even came from Glitch, but it is an option.

3 Likes

I only code in python ( mainly ), does glitch support python?

1 Like

Just because I’m TL3 doesn’t mean I’m malicious. All of the TL3s, TL4s, and mods have been nothing but friendly in all my interactions with them.

3 Likes

I have no idea. I created an account awhile back but have never really looked into it.

1 Like

yesh it is repelit bots. But its not mine, some of the bots were given permission

1 Like

I said people that have this Gib limit problem is ‘site banned’
because they pretty much cannot do anything if they don’t wanna spend any money or delete their repls.

2 Likes

I know what you meant. I was making a comparison: Banned user uses an alt to mitigate the ban and the alt is banned. Thus, in theory, user exceeding storage using alts to mitigate the storage limit gets in trouble.

2 Likes

But what can we do? Some of us have to pay over 50 dollars just to get out of this storage debt issue ( @techwithanirudh ) while I only have to pay 7 and a half bucks. But I am here to use replit for free. So, we have pretty much no choice but to do this ( if we don’t want to delete our existing repls )

1 Like

The storage “feature” is still in beta and if you wait patiently while carefully wording your opinions, the Replit staff may provide some hope for your situation. This would also help the situation in my opinion.

4 Likes

But here, I am going for the worst case scenario, which is well , you already know ( the staff don’t do a thing ). Which is why I am planning to find a website with a online community to host my code on.

2 Likes

You cannot pay for more storage, 50GB is the limit. That’s the sad part, I’m willing to spend 50-60$ on replit, but there’s no option to do so!

5 Likes

Thats the main reason why I am leaving replit. I am not wasting time going over the limit and buying more storage I will say NO THANK YOU. Because its not worth the cash, the buck, the money and the time.

4 Likes

You could try using StackBlitz.

This is why I do not use Replit for anything related to web development. There are many alternatives, but I believe the best one currently is GitHub Codespaces. It’s fast, flexible, and has the same capabilities Replit does, but without an extremely low storage capacity. (I believe it is recommended to have less than 5 GiB, but I think the hard limit is 100 GiB, 200x better than the free plan.)

Replit is still a good option for web development, but I personally only find it useful for my Python projects.

3 Likes

I’ve been using teams (replit.com/@element101), since apparently teams don’t count toward your egress and storage limits.

Also I clean up my Repls and profile unlike many other people.

5 Likes