Better file browser for Replit

Describe your feature request
I would like a better file browser for Replit, comparable to Google Drive or preferably Microsoft File Explorer (I know the latter is an unrealistic goal but I can hope). This is not for the workspace, but for managing the Repls themselves.

What problem(s) would this feature solve?
Long ago, I gave up on organizing my Repls because of the inadequacy of the current system to manage Repls. Now I just search for them (which assumes I know the name of the Repl I want). However, with the introduction of enforced account storage, we will need a better way to manage our Repls in order to stay within our limits. I would like the ability to select and move or delete multiple Repls at once in an improved UI for organizing them.

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
Explained in the above paragraph because they kind of flow together here.

I know this would be a lot of work, but it’s been on my mind for some time. Now that Repl storage limits are beginning to get rolled out, we will need vast improvements on managing our account storage in order to delete worthless old Repls and stay within our account storage. Folders do not help with that necessarily, but are helpful for organization and I use many folders on my computer to make everything easy to find (or try to, anyway).

17 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly with this suggestion @anon40284853 . I think that this would really help users organise their Repls to stay within the new limits.

8 Likes