The Output screen gets this error "There was an error connecting to the server"

I have tried to refresh the output page, but it still gets that error, even I have tried another browser like Chrome.

Hi there @truongkhoawastaken , have you tried forking the repl, and see if the forked version works?

Hey @truongkhoawastaken welcome to the forums!

Could you provide a picture on your end of what it looks like, and a link to your Repl so we can look into it further?

Thanks for replying? When I run the Flask app on Python on discord.py with the file name keep_alive.py, then the output can’t used.

But I’m the owner of my Repl.

@truongkhoawastaken have you followed the steps it suggested?

Have tried, it only works when I type the neofetch command in the shell when I have closed the Output page.

Check the console and make sure your code has no errors that crash it.

If there are none and the output does not show, ensure the domain **.repl.co is allowed on your network.

If all fails, please send me the link to your Repl and I’d be happy to take a look.

Here’s the link for the Flask
https://tkbot.truongkhoaui.repl.co
https://10622591-6a32-44be-aa89-1421705f33ea.id.repl.co/

Your VNC output seems to be displaying fine. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Yeah, still fine, also I try the experience with Firefox on that. :+1:

1 Like

Hello truongkhoaui,

I have the same issue like you. Did come over on it? Is it working for you? If yes could you please help me to solve the issue as well?
Many thanks in advance!

The first thing, you can take the Output screen back by typing the neofetch command in the shell, if it doesn’t available in Nix, add it then execute the command, after that click Try again in the output. Remember if you are running Flask container you mustn’t use the Output screen.

I found this error only ocurd to me when I closed and then reopened the output tab.

I have this same problem and I have tried eveything I could, even everything mentioned here. The one thing that I haven’t tried yet is asking my administrator to unblock the url. How do I ask my admin to unblock it?

Oh I also forgot to mention that I am using my home network and not a school network.

Could you try running a bare-bones webserver in that Repl, then seeing what shows up on the webpage?
For flask:

from flask import Flask

app = Flask(__name__)

@app.route("/")
def test():
    return "OK"

app.run("0.0.0.0")

Is this what you mean? I don’t use replit often and don’t actually know a lot about it.

@HUNTERBECK3 This Repl is working fine for me without issue when I run the same code:
https://replit.com/@HUNTERBECK3/Landscape-Creation-code

Have you cleared your browser cache? Tried another device/browser/network? Checked your firewall or security devices to ensure Replit is allowed?

I do know any incidents surrounding this issue were resolved and since we can’t reproduce it, it would be best if you can narrow down what is causing the issue in your environment. If you have local IT resources, they may be able to help you as well.