Resolving issues with Explorer account storage limits

It is interesting for sure because I got this in a Repl:
Evidently the bar is wrong. It’s not worth deleting 7GB of Repls one by one until the file browser is updated. I guess I’ll turn off explorer to take it away.

3 Likes

Ive seen it all…I found 5 accounts that litterally just for 100 days of code so they can learn as their storage is full !!!

5 Likes

Hey Joe, are you still running into the issue where deleted Repls are counting towards your storage?

For context on storage issues, we will have a fix out this week to offer a grace period of increased storage for builder to get their account in order. We will also be building a mass delete feature so you don’t have to delete Repls one by one. Feel free to read the ask post above, if you’re looking for more specific details.

6 Likes

Hey Everyone! Quick update here. I’ve edited the above post, but there are two updates I want to cover.

1. Update on grace period storage: We realized setting an arbitrary 200 GiB limit can be confusing and difficult to track for builders. Instead, we will simply not be enforcing storage limits during the grace period.

2. Update on grace period timeline: We’re testing out the storage fixes currently and will release them to explorers by the end on next week, July 14th. We want to be very thorough on testing to ensure the storage experience is seamless.

I’ll post another reply here along with an additional ask post when the grace period fix is live.

8 Likes

Could you also consider letting us buy more storage with cycles, at least?

7 Likes

Hey Sonic, I just want to confirm that this will be the case. This is one of the two product improvement we will release before the grace period ends. You will be able to purchase additional storage with Cycles independent of your Free, Hacker, or Pro plan.

7 Likes

Will purchased storage be a repeat thing you have to pay for, or will it be a buy once, have forever deal?

6 Likes

Thank you very much!

4 Likes

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to inform you all the account storage grace period is now live. You can find details in a new ask post here.

Thanks,
Conner

10 Likes

Hey Everyone, I wanted jump in here to update that mass delete is now out to all Replit builders.

9 Likes