Reset 100DoC Progress

Describe your feature request
An ability to reset 100DoC progress once you complete the 100th day.

What problem(s) would this feature solve?
You could try new things and apply your new knowledge to make better programs.

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
I saw a person on Replit Ask seeing if the could reset 100DoC to test something they made.

5 Likes

I saw a person on Replit Ask seeing if the could reset 100DoC to test something they made.

Yep, that was me. The testing is done now (with a ghost account), so I no longer have a use for this feature. At least not until someone complains about the package.

I actually don’t see any possible use case for this, aside from some very specific edge cases like mine. Also, that problem is probably an XY problem, since it originates from trying to circumvent the lesson-by-lesson limitation. X (skipping lessons) was not at all possible, so in this case Y (write a script to automate the clicking progress and test it) is probably justified.

That said, I think a better feature request would be about making lessons skippable.

5 Likes

You already can, without any code you can press Submit and you go to the next lesson.

2 Likes

The problem is that its very slow and inefficient, as stated by numerous users.

3 Likes

I want to request a feature that would allow a user to reset their progress on a learning course (for example: 100 Days of Code - Python Course).

This potential feature could eliminate a user from going back to their previously published replits in a course to recall what they forgot. In a situation where a user goes on a vacation, for example, and does not finish the Python course. About a year later, they come back and do not remember anything. They wish to reset their progress so they can restart from scratch, but that option is unavailable. So now they have to continue with the lesson without the necessary previous knowledge.

I was trying to reset my progress so I could start from scratch when I came across this possible feature after coming back from Summer Break.

Thank you for implementing this feature if possible.

https://replit.com/@CodeMasterDrake

If anyone knows a way to reset their progress without the need of this feature, please let me know. I’ll be happy to know about it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @CodeMasterDrake! That is a great idea, and I needed that but I made a new account and restarted. I think that this would be an amazing feature though.

2 Likes

Hi @CoderShayan ! I know right? I am planning on creating a new account in order to reset my learning progress, but I’m waiting to see if they put in a feature for that.

1 Like

Hello! I agree that we should be able to reset our 100-day progress.