Introducing Replit Deployments 🌐

When did you most recently see the “failed to push layers” error?

6 Likes

oh um about 8 hours ago (I’ve tried 6 ort 7 times and each were like that)

6 Likes

Deployments work for all users regardless of cluster.

6 Likes

repl.co still works like before, no changes there

10 Likes

Will any changes happen in the future? (Side note: Did you just create an account just for replying? )

5 Likes

We fixed a couple of “failed to push layer” bugs since then – let me know if it fails for you again!

7 Likes

ok thanks I’ll try it out

6 Likes

Yes, repl.co domains will still work as before.

8 Likes

oh I am quite sadden :frowning: I spent 20 cycles

4 Likes

Right now all our time is going to new features for Deployments, no new features are coming to repl.co hosting. It’s in maintenance mode.

You can see the blog post for an expanded version of what’s in the original post here.

8 Likes

Could you make sure we can still open HTML… etc Repls as a web page or will we lose that and only be able to use cover page?

Most part I’m fine with this so nice job gave me a scare when I read the title.

5 Likes

The answer to that is already available, if you read the whole thing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I did read it I mean for the free tier of deployments.

4 Likes

This failed because a broken symlink is present in your Repl, which is a result of a bad template on our side that has since been fixed. I went and removed the symlink, can you try to deploy again?

5 Likes

thanks I don’t really know what a symlink is but thank you (is it because the repl is older since I made this almost a year ago)

5 Likes

is it because the repl is older since I made this almost a year ago

Exactly, newer repls should work out of the box – it was an error on our side.

6 Likes

oh wait nevermind it says this now

4 Likes

Is there anything on https://replit.com/@9pfs/9pfs that would make it fail to deploy if I attempted to deploy it? I don’t want to deploy it (I use that repl as a development environment sometimes rather than creating a new repl, and there are dozens of things that would probably break if I deployed it), I’m just wondering if I’ve done anything that’d make it not work.

3 Likes

I’ll message you about this!

4 Likes

They said .repl.co websites will still work, and that they are working on free deployments.

4 Likes