Instruction tab does not pops up automatically, not found under Tools for certain students

Bug description:
Instruction tab not auto opening for student’s team projects, and the instruction tab cannot be found in the tool or in the tab dropdown.

Expected vs Current Behavior:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Click start project for the first project in the team

Bug appears at this link: https://replit.com/@coding-bootcamp-python-funda/

Screenshot(s)/Screen Recording:

Browser/OS/Device: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/115.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@ckunx

1 Like

Hey @ckunx!

We were not able to reproduce the issue on our end. When we opened up a project, we saw the instructions tab pop up in one of the open panes:

If you’re still seeing issues, would you mind sending us a screen recording (we recommend loom.com) so we can get a better idea of how things are set up on your end?

1 Like

I will try again on the accounts of the students who are having issues.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, please refer to the following screenshots:

The instruction tab/icon does not show up for the student at all.

His repl: https://replit.com/@coding-bootcamp-python-funda/01drawingshapes-lolwut4#main.py

This happens for all the projects in the same team, and not just this student. A handful of them are impacted too.

Thank you for the context! I was able to reproduce this and have sent this to the team. Keep an eye out here for any updates.

1 Like

same here instructions not showing up

Hey all!

We are still looking into this issue. We will let you know as soon as we have an update.

Hi ,

I noticed that the problem effects only new users , I have a class (team) that have an replit user from last year and they all see the instruction.md , however one new student couldn’t see the file and also another new class couldn’t see the instruction.md.

so I beleive it influence only on new replit users .
Hope that helps a bit

@Tomer2b you are right. I also meet the same issue.
Only affecting the new users.

I just wanted to chime in to say that my students are also experiencing these issues. They are unable to find or open the Instructions. We are also experiencing incredibly long load times for the repls as well.

Same problems here. Extremely slow overall (sometimes never responds), instructions missing (sometimes shows up much later). Very frustrating, especially since your status page implies all is well and no responses from several emails (until finally directed here).

Hey all!

I checked internally and the engineering team is aware of and is tracking this internally. That said, we cannot say for certain when we’ll see an update here, though. Thanks for your patience.

In case anyone needs a workaround :

Just copy the file instruction.md to the user project folder (where the main.py resides).

this will enable the users to see the file , however if you will update the file after publishing the assignment the users will not see the changes.

Problem description:
I have two labs (exceptions and throws exceptions) that I must complete. They are not including the instructions.

Expected behavior:
Normally, they load with the instructions tab already open. If it is not open, I can hit the + option and select instructions tab. Neither option is available for these labs. Can they be uploaded?

Actual behavior:

Steps to reproduce:

Bug appears at this link:

Browser:
Device (Android, iOS, NA leave blank):
Desktop app version (Avatar menu->“Version”) or NA:
Plan (Free, Hacker, Pro Plan):

Good workaround but not perfect if images are included since the assets folder doesn’t copy over easily along with multiple images used within the instructions.