How to become TL4

also I would only really become more active if @IanAtCSTeach promoted me to tl4 but that’s not happening since I’m not even on the list anymore afaik

10 Likes

Still on the waitlist @bigminiboss but at present you aren’t active enough to be TL3 which would be minimum requirements to be considered. Also I’m not the only person involved in promoting to TL4, it’s a group of moderators + staff who look at applications.

If you weren’t sure you were more than welcome to check via DM…

10 Likes

If anyone else is wondering how to become a TL4 I wanted to share a comparison table of the permissions you get at each of the different trust levels:

We don’t share the criteria for reaching TL3 as it isn’t the default set by Discourse and we decided it would prevent users from gaming the system rather than contributing.

However TL4 and moderator status is manually awarded on a fairly regular basis (every few months, and it is accelerating as the community grows). It is on a voluntary basis and entirely optional if you want to apply or not.

If you want to be able to apply for TL4 you need to be TL3 first. Potential moderators should already be at TL4. Consistently helping others to meet the Replit Ask Community Standards and setting a good example in the way that you communicate with others on Ask really helps the process.

If you are keen to be added to the TL4 waitlist add your name below, but remember you need to be TL3 first.

11 Likes

Not really sure if I would be eligible considering the rate of my progression (I think it’s only been 2 months), but would it be possible for me to be considered for TL4?

I’d like to point out that I’ve had no prior experience with any forum, and I really don’t have many moderation skills. However, I would be willing to learn and can stay reasonably active, possibly somewhat close to how I am now.

11 Likes

Dont worry we have a bunch of guides and are happy to answer any questions you may have if you are promoted to TL4.

12 Likes

I’d like to be on that list. I do help run the AMC forums, so I have at least some moderation experience.

13 Likes

I’m extremely surprised you aren’t already a TL4. You’re one of the most active contributors with the most experience, and you really deserve it. I think a lot of other people can also say the same thing.

8 Likes

I fully agree. Firepup is the best candidate for TL4 in my opinion.

9 Likes

:frowning: I wish I was a good candidate

5 Likes

Ah sorry, we didn’t mean it like that. Firepup is one of the most active eligible candidates for TL4, but I would also agree that you likely have as much experience as him. Question though, why aren’t you TL3 though? You seem to be pretty active and you joined a long time ago too

8 Likes

oh… you consider me active? I don’t think I was active while you were. If right now is active then back then I was a literal monster. #2 on cheers leaderboard with like 1k cheers gap and I used to have tl3 so yes I was active.

8 Likes

I’d like to be included on that list.

10 Likes

I would like to be put on the list for TL4. Even though I’ve only been on for about 3 months, I feel like I have really helped out the community in great ways. I feel like TL4 could help to help others using the TL4 only features. I understand if you can only put a certain amount of people on the waitlist but I think you should consider me (and the other people that replied on this topic). I don’t have any moderation experience I learn quickly and could learn how with the help of others and research. Have a nice day!

9 Likes

Neither have I lol, but I’m a mod, what matters is the contribution you make to the community here :smile:

There’s no limit to how many people can be on a wait list (at least usually, and here), but obviously you may have to be patient.

I don’t think we really need to compare who is the most deserving, if you positively contribute to the community, you will get the opportunity, should you want it, sooner or later. Remember it’s not about who has the most cheers or spends the most hours here, it’s not a competition.

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’m locked at TL1 right now (maybe not, but it seems that way) but if possible, I would like to be on the list! I am the technical owner of AMC, (we consider it a democracy, all 5 of us make decisions together [or at least whoever is online :stuck_out_tongue: ]) so I have moderation experience. And a while ago I WAS TL3 for a little bit, as well as in the top 10 by TL2 IIRC, so hopefully that counts for something :melting_face:

5 Likes

This topic should be renamed to “Write here if you want to become TL4”.

3 Likes

you can’t really unless your tl3 sadly

6 Likes

I mean once i am TL3 again

6 Likes

oh I see lol I don’t think I am going to be anytime soon :face_holding_back_tears:

6 Likes

Hi everyone, I would like to requset to be put on the TL4 waitlist.
This is mainly due to the fact that Ask is the first help forum I have been to. Here on Ask, I have met really amazing people (like the Replit Staff) and a really helpful community. Even though I only really started being active since late March or early June, I feel that I really have learnt so much from everyone here!
I feel that if I were to become TL4, I can help lead others and help Ask improve greatly, working alongside other TL4s, moderators, and admins. I can also gain some leadership and moderation experience if I were to become TL4 (which will be a dream come true for me)

I hope that you will consider my requset to be put on the TL4 waitlist.

Yours sincerely,
NateDhaliwal

7 Likes