Help with libraries and teams

I’m still getting no module named cImage. I’m at a complete loss here.

I forked it and threw everything I could at it. Nothing works. Frankly, I’m at a loss.

I looked at the Repl, and I don’t think the issue is with Replit, it seems to be with the package (cImage) or pip. Once cImage is installed, you should be able to find its source in the directory venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/cImage-2.0.2.dist-info. If you look in that directory, you will see there isn’t actually any content. You might want to try looking into previous versions of the package.

It seems installing an older version, such as 1.4.2 and 1.4.1 (poetry add cImage==1.4.2) enables you to successfully import the package, however there are errors when you run it.

Edit: actually, none of that is true, turns out the Python file is installed in the site-packages directory rather than the cImages-2.0.2.dist-info directory, and it’s actually named image.py. The name has changed, so all you should need to do to fix the issue is change from cimage import * to from image import *. It seems you were still originally using an older version and the newer version has some changed orders of parameters which will throw a couple of errors once you fix the name.

2 Likes

How do you see the site-packages directory? When I changed the import statement I got past the first error and now have an error about screen image size being bad. This had worked before on a previous project before the update using the cImage library commands.

This is starting to become more common than not.

Here’s a solution to that:

3 Likes

@BethStoudt Does @Firepup650 's idea work?
(Touch wood)

I have no idea what happened but between all the different things it installed the cImage and it now works. Thank you so much for all the feedback.

You can mark @Firepup650 's answer as a Solution to close the topic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.