Concerns about Storage Limitations in the Replit Hacker Plan

Now I have hard limit applied : my Repls cannot write anymore and they don’t work anymore …

I need to clean my repls quickly to get storage back without having any answers to my questions nor possibility to buy storage with my cycles …

It’s really disappointing … :frowning:

2 Likes

That’s a good point. I also stick around with Replit for a similar reason, but it has become much less useful these last couple of months. It’s just impossible for me to do web development here anymore (there is another reason which doesn’t have to do with storage), and I can host static sites with GitHub Pages.

4 Likes

Somehow, the hard account storage limit still hasn’t been enforced for me yet.

3 Likes

Its because its not enforced for eveybody yet. We don’t know for who its applied for though

5 Likes

Honestly if everything goes down their will probably be a community repo with some kind of ability to download all of your repos to download section of your computer. Also is that even possible?

3 Likes

I was near max and had this message that told me I couldn’t create any more repls or edit them. Then I turned OFF Explorer and that message disappeared. Maybe toggling Explorer helps? Idk.

5 Likes

Imagine that Replit accidently leaves a bug like that when they are implementing this.lol

6 Likes

I was thinking of making an online IDE also, except I don’t know how to connect it with a custom domain.

That happened to me, too.

1 Like

It’s easy. Just follow these steps.

1 Like

Hey techwithanirudh, thanks for your thorough feedback here. We created an ask post update here on resolving account level storage issues. In it, we cover the plan for addressing the issues and the plan to implement product features like a multi delete option for repls as well as the option to purchase additional storage.

6 Likes

Thanks a lot for helping!

3 Likes

I’m starting to realize the severity of this issue as storage was recently enforced for my account:

Also, scratch storage is a good idea, but having it reset regularily means having to always wait like 2 minutes for all of your dependencies to be reinstalled.
Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 2.22.15 PM

5 Likes

I am on the HACKER PLAN and too am VERY CONCERNED about the LACK OF STORAGE (I can get MORE from Digital Ocean or Vultr for a lower price). It was ALSO CONCERNING that ALWAYS ON repls were reduced to ONE-- I used to have FIVE! I can’t help but feel slighted and undervalued by Repl.it.

I’m thinking about LEAVING this platform when my subscription runs out. I can do everything and more from another provider and some DIY. The only perk of being here is the community being able to experiment with other languages I wouldn’t take the time to install.

6 Likes

That’s nothing new, Replit’s always had that afaik.

2 Likes

Note to everyone: It’s only available to explorers, like me(I turned it off 30 minutes ago but ye)

8 Likes

And now they are making replit pay to code.

Here is the link to a forum explaining my above comment:

Cont [2] ^^^

The snippet im most concerned about is this one.

“”"
The ability to purchase additional storage independent of your Free, Hacker, or Pro plan.

Once these product improvements are in place, we will notify builders and provide an additional 30 day grace period for users to manage their Repls before enforcements go live.
“”"

TLDR: I have a ton of repls. I hope this change doesnt come to pass as many of my repls work without Explorer but with it turned on its “Disk Quota Exceeded” left and right.

This account wide storage system doesnt make any sense to me as it would limit creative builds on the site a ton. I usually code here or fun, and im amazed at what people create.

Implementing this in my opinion would just be a bummer.

3 Likes

What is a scratch disk?

3 Likes

extra ephemeral storage (2gb per repl) for packages

4 Likes

That’s always been there, and it’s nothing special. Replit just gives you 2gb for /tmp and everything

6 Likes

I made a similar topic specific to the free tier (which is the largest group of users and AFAIK most of the prominent people on Ask).

5 Likes