Anyone want to make full web apps and regular mobile apps with me and my friend

Anyone decent want to join up to collaborate on some projects starting with a basic dynamic survey app that will eventually have its revenue backing a cryptocurrency made on solidly and will spiral out from there :smiley: it’s ambitious but not to hard just time consuming and fun

Hi there, @Forrestey! Could you elaborate on what exactly someone who would decide to join you would need to know? What languages is this programed in and what is some knowledge one would require?

3 Likes

I would love to participate in such a project, but since the beginning of September I have very little time even for my personal projects. Therefore, I can’t help you in any way.

I’m open to suggestions on languages I’m a beginner but I found an interesting way of coding that’s a little different it’s slower but I’m learning a lot doing it but we don’t have to go to fast building anything :smiley:

1 Like

Could I join? This seems interesting.

1 Like

@Forrestey Would it be a website? If so full stack or just front end?

1 Like

I guess we can’t use replit for web app hosting, unfortunately.

1 Like

Yes you can! Deployments are a massive upgrade from our existing hosting product.

Static hosting is free and autoscale deployments will cost less than 20 cents per month for most use cases.

2 Likes

People who are wanting to collaborate on things using Replit for fun generally aren’t interested in paying to host a simple website.

4 Likes

I feel as though the mindset is to make replit a pro service, with certain loopholes and "statistics@ to appeal to low budget parties. The problem isn’t the cost, the problem is the access to credit card. Some parent will downright say no, while others will give the child a lot of stress while they are evaluating the trustworthiness of replit.

5 Likes

Exactly! Even if I ended up getting my own, I don’t wanna enter it into Replit. Because then hey, might misclick, or hey, now I can’t stop buying deployments and draining my money. Those are actually really bad reasons, but still. I wouldn’t type my card into anything. If your account gets hacked, then well…

3 Likes

Sounds fun, sure

I can’t do that part, idrk how

1 Like

Plus, cycles can be revoked without reason, especially with a (personal experience) slow moderation and support ticket service.

2 Likes

Ikr, one time I had Cycles and pressed a button that spent all of them. There wasn’t even a basic confirmation popup. That was why I even came here to this forum a while ago

3 Likes

See my latest post on general as I have started up the first project! All abilities welcome no shame in the code game :sunglasses:

1 Like

Are you making mobile apps?
Then I’ll want to join.