"Your connection is not private" on Replit.app

replit.app domains for me don’t seem to work- I’ve seen it occur both on Brave for mobile and desktop (probably any chromium based browser, can’t check rn).

silly.replit.app normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Brave tried to connect to silly.replit.app this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be silly.replit.app, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Brave stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit silly.replit.app right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

this happens on all subdomains of the pricy replit.app domain. Will update with more info tomorrow when I have my PC.

I can access at least some Not Found pages on replit.app from my phone on Chrome, I can’t reproduce the issue.

2 Likes

This is what I see, could it be possible your ISP/Wifi router is blocking *.replit.app? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Still can’t repro this.

Pictures

1 Like

Highly unlikely that Telstra would go out of their way to block replit.app. I’ll see if I can reproduce it on other browsers tmr, and see if I can gather more info on why it’s happening.

2 Likes

I think it could be an ISP issue. Last I checked, my home ISP blocked it for some reason.

2 Likes

Visiting silly.replit.app and replit.app I only get Not Found. No security error. Firefox tends to get upset about unsafe sites; I know it gets angry with me if I try to use http://.

1 Like

Highly unlikely that Telstra would go out of their way to block replit.app. I’ll see if I can reproduce it on other browsers tmr, and see if I can gather more info on why it’s happening.

Typically what happens here is that the ISP is outsourcing their domain blacklists to a bunch of other vendors, and it’s relatively easy for a new domain (especially one that hosts user content, such as Replit) to get on one of those lists. We’ve seen this happen a few times in the last couple months and the only way out is to figure out what lists we’re on and ask the vendors to remove us.

Can you try accessing the site on the same computer but a different network? For example, if this is a laptop, can you reproduce the issue at a cafe or library?

6 Likes

Looking to see if I can do that today, thank you!

3 Likes

Seems to only be through my home Wi-Fi, using Telstra. Everything else works. ISP indeed!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.