Who is @amcforum?

Who is @amcforum !? Is it a bot? (Sorry staff if this is off-topic)

2 Likes

no it is the offical account

6 Likes

Yes it is the official AMC account. Bots are strictly 100% against the Ask ToS.

5 Likes

We never said that about Ask. Only mainsite. We can discuss intenraly on if they should be allowed (user a user API key (like connect.sid))

4 Likes

Point #5 in the ToS:

You may not automate access to the forum, or monitor the forum, such as with a web crawler, browser plug-in or add-on, or other computer program that is not a web browser. You may crawl the forum to index it for a publicly available search engine, if you run one.

Seems pretty anti-bot to me.

2 Likes

Thats just the default and does not reflect the actual rules that people need to follow…

I will bring this up but this is what people need to follow Replit Ask Community Standards

4 Likes

It’s not a bot though, it was me forgetting to log back into my main which is fine right?

1 Like

So the Ask ToS are useless?

1 Like

In my eyes yes it is. Check the topic I made in the TL4 cat

4 Likes

Basically this is just an official replit account for us to use. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is my bot against the Terms of Service? I was only scraping Discord webhooks, tokens, etc., and invalidating them. It’s not really a bad thing, but…

2 Likes

ask.replit.com/tos now redirects to the Community guidelines. So as long as your bot doesn’t violate them or the Replit ToS then you’re good.

2 Likes

Yeah, I read that. I couldn’t really find anything that mentions what I’m doing, but it could still be considered API “abuse”, which is against the Terms of Service.

2 Likes

Well I don’t think that that would really be “abuse” so you should be fine :slight_smile: