When I try to run my code I get this error

Run isn’t configured. Try adding a .replit and configuring it https://docs.replit.com/programming-ide/configuring-run-button

Hey, @ranahushiar welcome to the forums!

Can you please provide a link to the repl? This way it is easier for staff and members of the community to help you!

Also see this guide on how to share your code:

1 Like

For Python, your .replit flle should look like this:

entrypoint = "main.py"
modules = ["python-3.10:v18-20230807-322e88b"]

hidden = [".pythonlibs"]

[nix]
channel = "stable-23_05"

[unitTest]
language = "python3"

[deployment]
run = ["python3", "main.py"]
deploymentTarget = "cloudrun"

Taken from : How can I reconfigure the Run button? - #6 by NuclearPasta0

1 Like

I was able to reproduce the error by renaming the .replit config file to something else.

Perhaps you renamed it(.replit) on accident?
or maybe you deleted it entirely?

You’re not supposed to rename .replit, as it is a configuration file. Technically, if a file is renamed, it is considered deleted at its old name. So if you renamed .replit to .imcool, then it’s not going to be able to find the config and therefore your Repl will show this message.

It’s exactly right when it says:

If it was working fine and you had edited ANYTHING in .replit file, and suddenly this error shows up, you have probably messed the entire file up.
You can click the history on bottom right corner in your .replit file tab, then revert the file back to the first state (the history edit number of the state should be something like

(pause/play icon) < 1/(some number) >     (many whitespaces)       (time)ago 。 Server Authored

) (or if you know what you are doing, you could revert it somewhere later than the first init state)

As someone who kind of using blank repl often, which requires manual .replit file editing, I can confirm if you did something to the run variable (such as declaring it twice) and then revert it by deleting, IT WONT WORK IDK WHY

So, it is the best to revert it back to init state, if you still have the .replit file intact