What the best coding language

I’m teaching a coding class with ages 8-14. (They know nothing about coding)I want to know what the best, easiest, and funnest coding languages would be for these kids.

• Java
  • hmtl
  • Python
  • C+
  • pygame
  • Others → Put it in the comments below
0 voters
1 Like

C would be a good one, even though it’s not the easiest, it lets you learn a lot and appreciate modern languages. FYI HTML’s not a programming language it is a Text Markup Language. Also when you said C+ did you mean C++ or C#?

3 Likes

brainf code would be funny to teach :rofl: but try teaching python ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I chose HTML because its simple to use and the kids may be interested in making websites idk

4 Likes

c++, sorry for the confusion

2 Likes

python a little boring but okay

1 Like

Oak,
Unison,
Gleam

New, simple and cool.

1 Like

never heard of it before

1 Like

The three are pretty new,

https://oaklang.org/

2 Likes

React is like super good.
And now that I’m using MUI it makes so much better

1 Like

i usually code in nodejs not python really

1 Like

Pygame is a library, not a language

6 Likes

Pygame is a library in Python.
I feel like javascript should be there (probably with HTML).
IMO, Java would be the least fun (and one of the hardest) languages to learn (especially for those ages).

It really depends on the motivations. If they want to create something cool, then Javascript and HTML for websites and graphics would be best. If they want something easy, then most of the statically typed languages might be too much. If they want to learn coding, I’d say Python is best for that (and pygame would be for Python graphics).

8 Likes

okay, thanks for telling me this

1 Like

the best programming language of all time is DPM (direct proton manipulation) in which the user ascends to a higher plane of existence in order to directly manipulate the electromagnetic signals to cause state changes within a computer :100: real

2 Likes

I don’t understand? DPM is a coding language?

1 Like

It’s a joke, like butterflies:
XKCD 378

3 Likes

hold on actually… the runner up is definitely ඞmolang because you have to have a simply higher level of the understanding in order to know what
ඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞ.ඞඞඞඞඞඞඞ + ඞ.ඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞඞ means

1 Like

fr

ඞLETඞ ඞVAR =ඞ ඞOTHERඞVAR ;ඞ
2 Likes

it’s beautiful I shed a tear

1 Like