What reactions should count as likes?

There is a few featuer with the reactions plugin. Reactions other than :-1: by default will count as a like. (Topic on meta about this) The current reactions are:

1. :heart:
  2. :+1:
  3. :laughing:
  4. :open_mouth:
  5. :clap:
  6. :person_shrugging:
  7. :tada:
  8. :upside_down_face:
  9. :rocket:
  10. :question:

I dont think all of those should count as likes.

My thoughts

I think 6, 8, 10 and possibly 4 should not count as likes.

2 Likes

I’d say just 1 and 9, maybe 5

4 Likes

If we only had likes and no reactions would you like a post that you would do a :tada: on? (same with the others I said)

5 Likes

Well I was thinking about it as “what should users be rewarded cheers for?”
But yes.

5 Likes

I think :heart:, :+1:, :laughing:, :clap:, :tada: and :rocket: should count as likes.

7 Likes

I’m not sure. Because sometimes it could not be likeable idrk.

5 Likes

I think I’m gonna say 1 (:heart:), 3 (:laughing:), 5 (:clap:), 7 (:tada:), 9 (:rocket:).

1 is kind of obvious, it’s the default generic like.

I don’t think 2 (:+1: ) should count, I generally use it to say yes (or similar) without making a low quality post, otherwise I would use the default, 1 (:heart:).

3 is pretty much only used to show appreciation of some kind of humour, so it is kind of like the default like, but showing the reason for it a little more.

4 is kind of surprise or shock, I think it can be interpreted as both positive and somewhat negative, so I’d say no.

5 and 7 are generally to congratulate someone in some way, which is again kind of like the default like, but more context specific.

6 generally just means you have no clue, so it’s a pretty straightforward no imo.

8 is kind of used to show ‘sillyness’, so I’d say no to that one too.

9 is used like a ‘more prestigious’ version of the default like in my experience, so I think it makes sense for that to count.

6 Likes

Not the 6 tho it must be neutral at least

3 Likes

Before I had a purely silly number of likes per day from TL4, I fell back to :+1: when I ran out of likes for the day.

3 Likes

But if it counted you shouldn’t be able to use it either, so you would have neither option anyway.

4 Likes

That’s confusing, I don’t think it’d be done that way, I’d expect it to just be likes that you could run out of, not other reactions as well.

4 Likes