What happened to tipping?

What happened to tips? Not even in USD?

3 Likes

The backend request for tipping still exists, so I’m guessing it’s either going to be removed soon or it’s being “upgraded”.

10 Likes

Great. Goodbye, any trace of community :wave:

6 Likes

Previously, there were many different useful functions on the cover page, such as the start button, comments, tips. Now there’s nothing there but the name and a couple of buttons… What is the point of the cover page now if nothing can be done on it except for a fork of the replay?

3 Likes

My problem with this is that Replit didn’t tell anyone about this change. I guess the only way to get Cycles/Credits (whatever they’re called now) is through bounties, and most are swept up that have done many bounties, and a lot of the time the bounties are very difficult or the hoster left.

6 Likes

Oh no, I hope they come back. :grimacing:

1 Like

Yeah, by the way what’s the L3 icon on your profile picture, it’s also on @KAlexK and
@boston2029 .

it means trust level three, its a way of ranking people based on their interaction in the community

5 Likes

It comes after regular so if you were to contribute enough you’d move up from a TL2 (member) to TL3 (Regular)

2 Likes

Exactly, and then the new cover page redesign (I mean the one that happened ~last year) doesn’t even have use because there’s like two items in the side panel now. They should totally revert to the old cover page at this point.

3 Likes

Ah, ok thanks for that.

I wonder if they will also remove the “Community” tab or replace it with the so-called “Community Hub”

2 Likes

Just use other services that are more reliable and focused on money to handle banking and donations.
Donations are extra data use, more API calls.

No point, other services are smoother anyway.