Urgently need help with this Nix Error: exit status 1

Question:
I’m a new coder. I keep getting this when running my program, nix error: building nix env: exit status 1, Output has been trimmed to the last 20 lines. I have no idea why and I’m coding in java. I would really appreciate if the help team could go in and look at my code for me to debug it.
Repl link:

code snippet

Welcome to Ask! Could you please provide the link to your Repl so we can look at your code?

2 Likes

https://replit.com/@SophiaAcademicT/MyFinalProject

I hope this one works, if not lmk!

1 Like

Hi, I’m still quite stuck on this. Any chance you could help figure out what the issue is?

1 Like

Looking at your files and at the hidden file .replit, I cannot find Main.java, which is the file the Repl is attempting to run. If this file does not exist, this is a major problem. I cannot find any .java files.

2 Likes

There’s the missing main file, but also the replit.nix is not set up correctly. But since this looks like a school project I would ask your teacher to fix the Repl or have them get you a new template to work off of.

3 Likes

Thanks for checking that out. If that file doesn’t exist, can I just add it in and name it? Is it something that should’ve come with this project? Because I just opened the link from a Sophia course and so they had setup a file under my account so I could work on this particular project. I guess what are the next steps for me to have it run smoothly?

1 Like

Could you link to the course?

When you hit run, the .replit in the hidden files does this:

compile = "javac -classpath .:target/dependency/* -d . $(find . -type f -name '*.java')"
run = "java -classpath .:target/dependency/* Main"
entrypoint = "Main.java"
hidden = ["**/*.class"]

If main.java isn’t there then it won’t run. It sounds like the course could be out of date.

2 Likes

For your nix error: run in Shell

sed -i 5,7d replit.nix

and in future make sure to watch out for whether text you entered is going into the Console/Shell instead of your files (i.e., the cursor in the Console/Shell is filled)
make sure that all files you want to run have a .java extension and the class you want to run is called Main and not BlackJackSimulation (and so the file must also be called Main.java)

3 Likes

Hi all, i’m just starting out and having a similar problem. the link to my project is here:

https://replit.com/@jonahweisz/SpotifyAPIme

Thank you for any help you are able to offer :slight_smile:

(to add in case helpful, I was able to request a token and successfully get data from the Spotify API, but was also getting the Nix Error: exit status 1) response as well)

Hey @jonahweisz!

If you change your replit.nix file to:

{ pkgs }: {
  deps = [
    pkgs.imagemagick
  ];
}

Your issue will go away. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, it did! Much appreciated :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.