Upcoming Replit Changes : Community crisis waiting to happen

Looks like our egress is reset! Yes!

1 Like

Before optimisations:

After optimisations:

I should be fine. It would be great if egress per Repl wasn’t counted if you’re in the workspace, though. Or slowed significantly.

4 Likes

I kind of forgot how to see egress show me how

1 Like

Click your account (at the top left), click “Account”, and scroll down till you see your egress usage.

1 Like

you guys being skill issues

1 Like

Why are you on your iPad so late? Goodness child.

1 Like

2 Likes

Fresh start?

1 Like

Yes but not because of what you think. Something happened on their end

1 Like

Let’s go guys! Free reset :slight_smile:

so what is going on here in the end? optimization? replit crash?

1 Like

Can we please have an “external service issue” daily?

6 Likes

The numbers do be off but, who’s complaining lol.

5 Likes

1. The Pro Plan
Now, I’m actually not mad about this. I like the idea of having another plan with even more features. I’m even getting it! It’s just kind of annoying that a website geared toward 13-15 year olds has a $20 plan. It’s a little expensive.
2. THE BIG STUFF: DEPLOYMENTS
Replit should not be Charging money for deployments. It has always been free, until now. So, replit is going to limit our projects to the project page? I have almost all of my projects that NEED a new tab! I don’t want to have to pay for this.
This is only the first of a few of these. Don’t complain I missed something, I might get to it. Just ask when will I talk about it.

I have a better idea for replit to make money while we are not suffering.

1. Basic plan that could give free hosting, and slightly more egress for something like 1-3 dollars. (Yep straight up stole @AllWaysAvailable’s idea)
  2. Give more egress, the very small amount free users get makes it to where they can only have 1 medium project or 2-3 smaller ones.
  3. Alongside the “basic plan” make boosts/always on cheaper. The fastest boost cost 1.50$ a day(!) In my opinion, a 4x boost should cost like 5 cycles/day, and 32x should be at most 50 cycles/day
  4. Add monthly billing for boosts, so you can just pay a lot upfront.

I hope all this is considered.

1 Like

Nah. External service issues only happen on Fridays. You have to wait for it.

imagine what the hosting page will look like after deployments become a feature (if they do)

also, i cant understand the concept of paying for a custom domain (30 cycles/month/repl) while… paying for a custom domain. or is it where replit gives us custom domains for 30 cycles/month/repl? because while the first one is devastating the latter is actually kind of a good idea

1 Like

They give us free SSH but then take away free domains :skull::skull::skull:

2 Likes

I just realized that egress may kill us all even if we behave.

View quote source.
How many of us have used pingers to keep our Repls alive? Gdaybot may very well kill us all due to the egress limit.

1 Like

Well,I guess servers suck.One of them ive been working on ate 0.7976Gib/1.0000Gib.

2 Likes