Upcoming Replit Changes : Community crisis waiting to happen

Somewhere on this page
https://replit.com/site/cycles-terms

2 Likes

Do not worry, it resets April 1st, so it isnā€™t like you are going to permanently run out of egress.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s only half true. We will all use 100% egress in two weeks or less and then be out for the rest of the month over and over again. Thus the resetting will only grant temporary relief.

2 Likes

Funny I have made like one small project this month, and it has taken <.5 egrees. Now if this month will be like the month I make NBAS, a new stylesheet, etc, its a problem for me even with Hacker.

1 Like

I have been using and hosting on replit for half a year, and didnā€™t even use a quarter of my egress.

2 Likes

The egress just started this month; thatā€™s why.

2 Likes

Iā€™m way over already. I literally have no way to use less

3 Likes

Come on; Iā€™ve hardly even used Replit this month.
And most of these repls I havenā€™t even run in forever.

5 Likes

It would be a lot better if egress was weekly, so a possible 30 day wait could become ā€œjustā€ 6ā€¦ and still 1 GiB of course :v

2 Likes

Aw rip. They should raise non-plan users to 5GIB, hacker to 10 (instead of 5), etc.

3 Likes

And another thing. I am thinking about making an all in one discord bot (moderation, fun, levels, etc) to help me get more bounties but Iā€™m sure between installing packages, pushing to GH, testing that will take up A LOT of egress and thatā€™s deterring me from making it.

6 Likes

I think you can still make one, but when egress becomes enforced (itā€™s not yet) hmm

4 Likes

True. But devolment would take months between bounties other projects and irl stuff so it would be enforced by then

5 Likes

All my egress usage says 0.0000 GB used out of 1 GB. Why did it reset?

3 Likes

new month, resets storage

1 Like

It is not a new month. It was set to reset on April 1st.

1 Like

it reset on March 1st

1 Like

Yesterday, it was a quarter full. It had not reset.

1 Like

Oh, sorry, got confused for a mo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mine also reset. It says:

Numbers look off? Weā€™re recovering from an external service issue and resetting usage.

2 Likes