Unable to buy Private Repls with Cycles

Problem description:

When you try clicking Activate to buy it with Cycles, it pops up with:

Expected behavior:
Be able to buy the powerups that say they can be bought with Cycles, with Cycles.

Actual behavior:
As described in Problem Description

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to https://replit.com/cycles
  2. Press Activate on Private Repls
  3. No Cycles option (even though it’s in the Cycles page)

Bug appears at this link:
https://replit.com/cycles

Browser: Microsoft Edge 118.0.2088.76 (Official build) (64-bit)
Device (Android, iOS, NA leave blank):
Desktop app version (Avatar menu->“Version”) or NA:
Plan (Free, Hacker, Pro Plan): Free

Hi @boston2029 !
I too can reproduce this error on my side (using mobile). Is it on purpose or an accident? It may be a ploy to get unsuspecting people to buy Pro…

1 Like

hmm… interesting… I think this is “outdated UI”.

After asking internally, this is a bug - not done on purpose.

2 Likes

Boston2029,

I see that you are on a free tier. When I navigate to replit.com/cycles I get the following:

Can you clear your cache for Replit.com and see if you are getting the same? Or perhaps is there a step I missed to reproduce the issue?

1 Like

I’m guessing you have a new layout because you’re staff. Even after turning on Explorer, I still don’t see this updated layout. Instead, my layout looks like this:

If that new menu is in beta then you guys just need to push that to production and it should be all good.

That new menu only shows up when you haven’t ever used or gotten cycles from what I can tell

Surely that is a flaw in the system? I, for instance, received some cycles and never used it [1] so this is definitely something that needs to be fixed.

1. it’s less than 100C, so there’s no point. ↩︎

Well that menu actually looks like what happens when you buy a boost in-editor or something, and it pops up telling you that you need to buy more Cycles to buy the boost.

All,

I was able to recreate this screen. It is only available if you have available cycles. The button does say that it is Included with Replit’s Pro Plan and does not suggest you can upgrade with cycles. I think this is OK behavior.

Though I will be suggesting that we remove the Replit AI box, which states that it’s available to Pro users… yet it’s available to all users now.

If you have any further issues, please let us know. Thanks!

1 Like

Looks like they updated it to say “Included with Pro plan” now. (It didn’t say that before)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.