Training Feature, Replit

Hi replit team, i am 14, and i would really like to be a dev, (maybe in a year or so), and I would really like a training place on Replit.

This feature could help young, or beginner coders to have fun and explore the possibility of coding, through real-life experiences

For example, you have a helping bot, who gives you bountys (low amount of cycle rewards ), or codes for you to make, according to your skill level, which can be determined from a starter test. This would help youth and beginners give an experience, and it would be something id really like.

I know about “Learn” on Replit, so maybe you guys (devs) maybe update it and make it like this.

But this is something really big of an ask FROM A TEEN, but please do what you can Replit Team and Dev.

Much appreciated, Antoni.

19 Likes

Hi @AntoniDruzynski , welcome to the forums!
So this is a bot that gives you tasks to do, with Cycle rewards? Neat idea! Are there tests that you need to pass (not exam tests, I meant code tests)?

6 Likes

This sounds like an interesting hybrid of replit.com/learn and replit.com/bounties.

7 Likes

This should have an opening user test, which determines your skill level, and then makes these bounties(for example), just a bit harder than your skill level (as a challenge). :slight_smile:

5 Likes

yes absolutely, it is a hybrid of both learn, and bounties

4 Likes

I requested something similer to this in September

7 Likes

Sort of, but that could be interpreted too, but most of all, YOU SHOULD NOT NEED A REPLIT CORE ACCOUNT TO DO THIS, because of all the things, we teens and beginners should save up for one, were cycles from those bounties come in handy.

7 Likes

I agree. That defeats to the point to some degree.

10 Likes

Can someone invite or mention a replit develepor to this chat. His/her opinion would be greatly valued

2 Likes

We dont ping Replit staff for feature requests. (It was brought up internally in the past)

3 Likes

I think this is a great idea! The only issue i find is that people could abuse this to earn cycles, and the value of cycles would go down as well, with the Replit team most likely having to shut it down. If you only earned a couple of cycles, as you stated, this wouldn’t be as much of a problem in my opinion, if the cycles stayed down at maybe 2-10. Overall though, this is a pretty good idea! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, as i stated it must be a very low reward of cycles, maybe 2-10 like you said depending on project difficulty

7 Likes

I would love for this to happen. This is a very interesting idea combining all of replit.

4 Likes

This would honestly be such a good feature to add, you earn my vote. :slight_smile:

I’m wondering though, what would the starter test be like? Just lines of code to write/fix? Either way, good suggestion. :+1:

6 Likes

I was thinking that it would just be a simple “How much experience do you have programming?” like on Replit. Maybe a “Do you understand what this code does?” or “Can you predict the output of this code?”

7 Likes

Qwertyqwerty88, yes it would start like that, and then there is a make a program for this, make a program for that, and if you cant do it, you get easier questions every time you fail so it knows what skill level your at

5 Likes

Also, i think i found a good name for this, I’m thinking of “Quests”.

6 Likes

Do you mean like a placement quiz? And is it synced with your learning tab(so you learn and get the quest based on what you have taken?)

4 Likes

@CoderShayan , maybe there could be an option In the test to find out if you want it synced, oh and also, how do we get this idea into action?

4 Likes

A staff member would have to see it and bring it up to some other staff, and it might happen. It would also probably need to have enough votes or be a really good idea.

5 Likes