Tkinter text field not displaying in Day 66 of 100 days (Python)

Problem description

When I run the provided sample code, the text field isn’t shown.

Expected behavior

Text field should be in the TK window, as shown in the tutorial example.

Actual behavior

TK window appears the same as the prior example, which doesn’t include the text field.

Steps to reproduce

Use the code, exactly as provided in the tutorial.

NOTE: I also tried with another bit of sample code from eslewhere, with the same result. Both are included in the screenshot.

Browser

Chrome (Slimjet)

OS

Windows 10

Device if mobile

n/a

Plan

Free

Please upload screenshots

It just needs () after text.pack.
text.pack()

1 Like

Thanks! That’s the second example given in the 100 days that doesn’t work without alteration.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting @SirGeremiah. I flagged this one with the team for the update.
Just to make sure it’s in their backlog, what’s the other example?

This should be fixed now. We updated the instructions with the aforementioned adjustment:
text.pack()

I forked and confirmed.
https://replit.com/@replit/Day66100Days?v=1#main.py

Thanks again for reporting.

2 Likes

Sorry, I missed this when you first posted it. The other example is in Day 64, on the “inheritance” page. The first example includes a call to the .talk() method, which was not defined in this example (it was on a previous page).

1 Like

Day 64 should be fixed as well. There was an issue on the “Inheritance” page and looks like the “Fix My Code” page had some issues too.
Thanks for reporting!

2 Likes

Happy to help! Thanks for the quick repairs - this course will become more useful to new programmers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.