Tip Repls inside Teams

Describe your feature request

I would like to be able to tip team repls.
Tips should be split between the team members.

What problem(s) would this feature solve?

People who are in teams can’t get rewarded for their work in cycles

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request

Tip a cool project I found in a team.

9 Likes

T⁢⁣​⁣​⁡⁢⁢⁢⁡⁢⁡⁢​⁢‌⁢⁢⁡⁤‌⁢​⁢‌⁢‌⁤⁢⁣​⁡⁢⁢⁢​⁢​⁣⁤⁡⁢‌⁢⁣⁣​⁡⁢⁣‎⁢‌⁢⁢⁡⁢⁣​⁡⁤⁣⁡‌⁤‌⁤⁢⁣⁢⁣⁣⁤‌⁢⁡⁤⁢⁣​⁡⁢⁢⁢​⁣⁢⁢​⁢​⁣⁢⁣⁣‎⁢​⁢‌⁤⁡⁢‌⁢⁣⁣‎⁢‌⁢⁢⁡⁢⁣​⁡⁢⁢⁢​⁣⁢‌⁢‌⁤⁣⁡⁤⁣⁡⁤‌his would be a very cool feature to have!

2 Likes

Yep i would benifit from that

4 Likes

Voted up. Really needed.

3 Likes

Cool idea, I love it, but just thinking from a programmatic perspective, it would be hard to split the cycles. You’d end up with long decimals if you tried to split all the cycles perfectly evenly and you’d probably also introduce floating point errors which could be major or minor depending on the language. Do you have an idea of how Replit could tackle this?

4 Likes

Perhaps convert all floating points to ints and just subtract use decimal point loss conversion as part of the marketplace fee. (I realize this comes with it’s on problems, but:

1. divide the tip - markplace_fee by number of members
  2. convert all to int
  3. tip - (members * previous_calc)
  4. marketplace fee -= prev_calc
  5. do steps 1-3 again
    )

idk maybe I’m not good at this XD

6 Likes

I like the feature, could be very cool!

6 Likes

It’s a great idea to be able to tip team-based repls and have the cycles distributed as evenly as possible among the team members.

5 Likes

Or perhaps the cycles could go into a separate fund for the Team - and that fund could be used for Power-Ups and such. If the team doesn’t have enough cycles in the fund, the Power-Up either stops or if it was just initiated, takes the Cycles from the user who bought it.

8 Likes

So basically the cycles wouldn’t be split between the people in the team, the cycles goes to the team account, and then the team can only use it on powerups. That sounds fine honestly, at the very least, it’s a good place to start.

7 Likes

Yeah, this should be added here is a system that would work.

1. ask the person tipping if they want to tip the team members or just give cycles dedicated to power-ups.

2. If the person says tip the team members they will see what cycles will be given to who, then they can proceed or not.

3. If the person says tip the team cycles dedicated to the team, then the cycles should be given. Also for this part there should be a new rank in teams for people who can use these cycles.

This is my plan for the feature and I hope more people will agree

2 Likes