Stuck on "Error: Cannot run while state is not IDLE or STOPPING, got state: OFFLINE"

So, my Repls work fine; when I load them, they connect without any issues. However, if I select code, make any changes, or just interact with it in general, it instantly starts loading and won’t stop. I believe it’s due to the CPU. If I don’t interact with it and simply run it, it works and loads smoothly. But as soon as I perform an action, the CPU usage jumps all the way up to 100%, causing it to not load. I have to fork it every time; this issue occurs consistently.

Does kill 1 work?
Also, which problem do you encounter? The one in the title, the one described, or both? If both, at which stage does the error show?

1 Like

It will just say “reconnecting” and display that message in the title whenever I attempt to perform an action. It gets stuck in the reconnecting process for quite a while—usually, it doesn’t resolve itself for up to 30 minutes or more. Even if it does stop, sometimes it just happens again. I typically have a solid 10-15 minutes of interaction time with the Repl before this issue arises. The other concerns related to the CPU and such all occur at the same time.

1 Like

In that case, try forking the repl and see if the forked version works. Or transfer the code over into a new repl.

2 Likes

Is it 100% because of the CPU? If so, you might want to change the title (of your topic).

2 Likes

Well, when it does occur, the CPU always spikes up to 100%, so there’s a good chance it’s CPU-related. However, it makes no sense because it doesn’t happen all the time. Like I said, it just occurs in random spurts. For example, the CPU will be fine, but if I select a single line of code, bam, it shoots up to 100%.

2 Likes

It works for a little, but then the same thing happens again. I had made a topic about this before, and it occurred even with a small code that was only in one file. It made no sense, but at that time, repls were experiencing downtime. However, now they aren’t, and it’s still happening.

1 Like

Does this happen on all your repls?

1 Like