Strange repeating logs - [INFO] Handling signal: winch

I have a very basic Python Flask application and when I click Run I get multiple lines in the console log :
[INFO] Handling signal: winch

The app works… but I didn’t see these lines in the logs yesterday, and I haven’t changed anything.

Here’s a screenshot
Shared with Zight

Note, I’ve seen other help topics indicating that in the past, this might have been related to using a .co URL instead of .dev but I’m using .dev as you can see in the screenshot.

Repl link/Link to where the bug appears:

Screenshots, links, or other helpful context:

code snippet
1 Like

SIGWINCH means Signal Window Change, which implies that your program is responding to window resize operations, etc. I have found a stackoverflow answer regarding SIGWINCH:

You can ignore all information regarding gunicorn, but the main point is that winch has something to do with terminal resizing.

2 Likes

Thx, but I’m not sure why this signal would be happening if I’m not resizing the terminal window, unless resizing means something different than I think.

Is resizing the terminal the same as resizing any other window? If so, I’m not doing that. So I’m confused why the system thinks the terminal is being resized. I apologize if this is a noob question.

1 Like

Maybe it doesn’t matter.

I started a fresh replit flask, changed nothing, and I see the same output in the Console when I run.

When I deploy my code as an autoscale and look at the logs, all seems fine.

1 Like