Replit Infected with Phishing Scam

Description of the problem (please keep it simple and short):
Avast detected a purported phishing scam infecting replit.dev (I believe that was the domain.
Explain what you were trying to do:
Repeatedly I’ve received the pop-up that Avast is blocking the connection when opening different replit pages
What areas or features are involved?
Good Question.
Repl Cover Page Link/Screenshots/Etc: (to protect you and your code, never share your Repl join link outside of PMs)
I should have taken a screenshot of the last one, but I didn’t. When next I receive the pop-up, I will update with a screenshot.

That report is false, please report it as such to your antivirus so it can learn to unblock the replit.dev domains.

1 Like

Forgive me if I come across as rude, but do you (or anyone else) have any details as to why the antivirus is falsely flagging it? I understand that there is little chance Avast is perfect, but I want to make sure the devs have at least checked that there’s nothing hiding away within the site.
It’s also not preventing me from actually doing anything either, which tells me whatever process it’s detecting is apparently unneccessary.

We don’t know the reason as if those were public it would be easy to bypass. Our guess is that the replit.dev domain was registared some what recently.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.