Replit.dev being marked as malicious by security vendors

Problem description

Today I opened Replit and I was notified that your domain dotdevproxy .kirk .replit .dev/__reachability was being blocked for security reasons. A quick lookup on Virus Total and found that 8 vendors are marking it as a malicious URL.

I don’t know if you own replit.dev, but even that is being marked as suspicious by 2 vendors.

I tried my best to find somewhere to contact you about this but I guess it’s “undesired behavior”.

PD: Why do you have to clear the ENTIRE form because I can’t post two links in a post?? Makes me not want to report anything to you at all.

Expected behavior

I expect Replit to not do some shady stuff.

Actual behavior

To not be marked as malicious for simply browsing your site.

Steps to reproduce

Go to VirusTotal.com and type in the URLs for the __reachability on replit(dot)dev

Browser

Firefox

OS

Windows

Device if mobile

N/A

Plan

Free

It’s not, the flags are incorrect, please report them as such.

2 Likes

Sorry, but it’s not my site and I don’t know if replit.dev is part of Replit because the info is redacted. I already fought the form enough times and I’m frustrated. The ball is on someone else’s court if y’all care about your business.

I’m not Replit staff, nor are most of the users on the forum.

Not sure what you mean by it being redacted, but yes, replit.dev is part of Replit.

5 Likes

Then let’s hope the staff sees it.

What a terrible UX all around on this Ask site trying to find and do what I’m trying to do anyway.