Replit desktop app opens repl in chrome tab without my consent very often

Problem description:
I have no clue why this happens. Whenever I am in a repl in the desktop app; whether it is unminimizing it, ctl-c, whatever; at random intervals on my chrome window the repl just opens up in a chrome tab, and i have to close it on my own. It is extremely infuriating so if there’s any possible explanation why that’d be greatly appreciated.

Expected behavior:
For it to not happen?

Actual behavior:
Chrome tab of repl pops open

Steps to reproduce:
I have no clue how to reproduce this issue.

Device (Android, iOS, NA leave blank): Dell laptop
Desktop app version: 1.0.5
Plan (Free, Replit Core): Free

4 Likes

@EnZon3 I haven’t seen this occur. Is it prompting you to re-authenticate or is it just opening a Repl in your browser?

I would try to logout of Replit in both your browser and in the Desktop app. Then update your browser and clear your browser cache. Open the Desktop app and it should prompt you to authenticate, and hopefully you stop having the issue afterwards.

8 Likes

Huh, forgot to say that it stopped happening after that day, it hasn’t happened to me since but I’ll keep you posted if it happens again.

1 Like

I just experienced this same things and it’s been opening tabs every 30 seconds or so. It keeps opening to the same repl project and I’m not entirely sure why

1 Like

Same here in brave. Any way to stop this because the pop up even switches to the browser.

I had this randomly the other day, not sure what triggered it. What I have more often is the app just deciding it was done and closing while I’m using it.

We did just release some general updates to the app (1.0.6) so feel free to upgrade and see if it keeps occurring. I don’t think I’ve ever had this happen but I’ll keep an eye out and see if we can locate potential triggers. It’s a bit tricky with intermittent issues.

3 Likes

It’s happening to me - its driving me mad!