Replit bounty search

Problem Description

On the Replit Bounty page, the “Search for a Bounty” search box reloads the page every time a character is added into the text field. I would suggest changing this to make it more efficient for those with devices that are slower than others.

How to Fix it

A way you could solve this problem is instead of updating the page everytime the user enters a character, make it reload the page when the user: A. Clicks off the page. B. Presses the enter key. C. Create a search button that calls the function to search for bounties containing given field.

Pages/Features Involved

Replit Bounty Page

7 Likes

@jesse Sorry for pinging you but is there an official @ for, for example, the Replit feedback department?

4 Likes

No worries, it’s definitely a pain point. Thanks for the feedback.

6 Likes

Yeah, this can get annoying I noticed it.

2 Likes

Same here. At a certain point, I stopped searching for bounties altogether. Hope this is fixed.

3 Likes

I don’t bother searching, like what @RedCoder said. Characters appear twice, or don’t appear at all because of this. Backspacing 5 characters can take 30 seconds instead of 2.

3 Likes

At least make it so that you can type it faster than it processes it and have your whole input be in there. I’ve always had this problem.

3 Likes