Pro Replit AI memory can be exceeded by a single file

Question:
It feels like the memory should always allow one file (Assuming it’s not over ~10MB or so), however a single 20621byte file (~21KB) exceeds the limit for Replit AI.

Repl link/Link to where the bug appears:
This file: https://replit.com/@Firepup650/Yeehaw#main.py

Screenshots, links, or other helpful context:

9 Likes

Thank you for sharing this issue @Firepup650 and the example file that reproduces. I’m going to report this to our internal team and I’ll let you know once I receive an update.

7 Likes

I’m also experiencing this issue on a very basic js file. It’s very infuriating :frowning:

2 Likes

Thank you for letting us know @ColinWinhall . We are actively looking into options to resolve the issue. Would you like to provide the file so our developers have another user example?

2 Likes

https://replit.com/@ColinWinhall/Vulnerable-Domainsstatic

Any idea when this is going to be fixed? It’s been like this for a week and I upgraded to pro specifically for this functionality…

2 Likes

I had the same issue. Try closing the file and opening it again. Otherwise, close the Replit app and open your files again…

3 Likes

Thanks for the help but unfortunately this did not work either.

@SuzyAtReplit any update on this?

1 Like

yeah. I tried closing the files, but I still get the issue (note that I’m in advanced mode and I’m a paying customer):

Size of Market.sol:
16K contracts/Market.sol

Size of contract.rs:
16K src/contract.rs

1 Like

Thanks for the followup @ColinWinhall . Yes, we are planning to fix this, but I don’t have an ETA for you just yet.

Until then, I know it’s not ideal and I agree the file is already a smaller size, but you can try to shorten the file or or use snippets/lines that convey or explain the issue. I’ll keep this thread updated as I hear back from the team.

2 Likes

Love to be updated too please! Thanks.

1 Like

Found a smaller size that exceeds the limits. 15275 bytes (~15KB)

found an even smaller size file that exceeds the limits:
13.5 KB (13,864 bytes)

1 Like

Seconding this issue. Running out of memory with <300 lines of code.
Wonder if maybe it has to do with importing a lot of modules? In case it’s helpful, below is a list of my modules.
Along with the surprise of learning that Advanced AI is metered, it’s disappointing that there is limited file memory for using AI when paying for a Pro plan.

import os
import datetime
import requests
from fpdf import FPDF
from PyPDF2 import PdfReader
import openai
import re
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
from google.oauth2.service_account import Credentials
from googleapiclient.discovery import build
from googleapiclient.http import MediaFileUpload
from pydrive.auth import GoogleAuth
from pydrive.drive import GoogleDrive
import urllib.request
import shutil
from pydub import AudioSegment

Hi All. Thank you for waiting. The team has made changes to the input content limits for Replit Core users. You can now receive a longer content length on files and on input for the Advanced AI model.

I tested with some of the files provided and it works great. I can even reference multiple of those files that individually exceeded memory before. The only thing I would note is that you may have to restart your session or clear your browser cache to see the changes.

6 Likes

Thanks Suzy - you rock!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.