Postgresql Paywall

I have a university educational github organization, and my students work individually and in groups through the semester. They are unwilling to enter their credit card numbers to have access to postgres. They create their own individual accounts and group accounts. There are only 45 students total (then divided into 7 groups). Is there any way to allow the github organization to not need a credit card? We use maybe 2 hours a week.

1 Like

Sorry, but is this on Replit or github?

1 Like

Replit, using a GitHub org it sounds like.

1 Like

These are all projects being created on Replit but trying to push to the same github organization for a software engineering course. The issue is that they can’t work with postgres without a credit card put in.
So the question is if we can get around the fee/credit card requirement for postgresql fee so that students can use it for their very brief homeworks and projects.

Correct. The students are all in the course github organization. But they are making individual replit accounts for the point of assignments. They’re unable to submit due to the github and PostgreSQL restrictions without a credit card submission. They are making their accounts individually, but submitting to the class.

You could buy Postgres on one account, make a Repl with the assignment, fork it for each student (on your account), and invite the students to the Repls.

2 Likes

I think you might want to give https://neon.tech a try, to avoid paying 20x the cost for a simple database. They provide free postgresql database-ing.

1 Like