Possibility to change where desktop app is installing

Description of the problem (please keep it simple and short): My problem is i cant install the app because i missing disk space but i have another SSD

Explain what you were trying to do: Install the app

Repl Cover Page Link/Screenshots/Etc: (to protect you and your code, never share your Repl join link outside of PMs) No screenshot sorry.

1 Like

And i think it’s a good idea to have the possibility to change the installation disk.
And i think i can install the app because it’s a ntfs disk.

1 Like

Hi @Bibou1494 , welcome to the forums!
Why can’t you move the installation file to the SSD in your own Files Explorer?

2 Likes

What OS do you have?

2 Likes

I use windows 10 32 bits

1 Like

I don’t know how to do this

1 Like

Now its another problem.
Here is the file of the setup log http://biboinet.ddns.net/Private/replit%20log.txt

1 Like

Are you downloading the right installer/app on the Replit desktop website?

2 Likes

I believe you can drag and drop the installation file from your computer’s Downloads section (by default) and into the SSD hard drive section.

2 Likes

Moving the installer file should not change where it gets installed. I’ll see later if I can get it to install to a custom location.

2 Likes

yes but its not about the space now

1 Like

can you move the file to a different storage space? I googled it up, and this is what I got.

1. Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
  2. Click Apps > Apps & features. Here you will find a list of all apps and programs installed on your system.
  3. Scroll to the app that you want to move.
  4. Click Move.
  5. Select the new drive from the dropdown.
  6. Click Move again.

Or, like NateDhaliwal said, you should be able to drag and move the file to another storage space. If installation is a problem for storage, then you should offload some things onto another storage and install it on your computer, then move to the storage you want after. Sadly, I can’t try this out because I do not have a windows computer on me(My family needed it), but I hope this works!

3 Likes

Usually the Windows install wizard lets you choose the destination. Just change it to the external storage device when installing instead of the default location. Or use one of the other fine suggestions here.

3 Likes

Replit doesn’t use the default install wizard.

2 Likes

I know it won’t, but it’ll move the file into the SSD
It’s not like you will install Replit 10 times, so it gets inconvenient (even so, they can be selected and moved).
Unless you mean that it can’t save to the computer in the first place as it is full, so it cannot be moved (as it won’t appear in Files in the first place)?

1 Like

The whole point of the topic was to install onto the SSD.

1 Like

@Bibou1494 could you just offload some data into the ssd and have the Replit app on your main.

1 Like

I dont know what you mean

1 Like

You could take some files that is on your computer and put it on your ssd, then download the Replit App onto your main storage.

1 Like